PPR owner (and Salma Hayek's husband) François-Henri Pinault is looking to sell some of his less glamorous brands to pay off debts and invest in mid-market clothing brands. Brands owned by PPR include Gucci, Yves Saint Laurent, Stella McCartney, Alexander McQueen, and Sergio Rossi. But the luxury conglomerate also owns Conforama, La Redoute, the Golf Warehouse, and FNAC. Conforama is a mid-market European furniture chain, while FNAC is sort of like Target but without the one-off lines by designers like Rodarte. Meanwhile, La Redoute is a JCPenney-ish mail-order business. So if PPR were an outfit, it would be like Miley Cyrus's $6 Wal-Mart leggings paired with an Alexander Wang dress, and Pinault can't be seen in that. No need to buy a $425 Wang pair, but he may as well spring for American Apparel tights. PPR is said to be looking to invest in Ralph Lauren, Levi Strauss, and Abercrombie & Fitch.
Best of the Week’s Style Blogs: Winter Sneakers
Best Bet: Guerlain Crazy Paris Meteorite Pearls
Kate Middleton Debuts Sad, Droopy Ponytail
- Marion Cotillard’s Non-Dior Moment
- Best of the Week’s Style Blogs: Winter Sneakers
- Best Bet: Guerlain Crazy Paris Meteorite Pearls
- Glenn O’Brien Is Now a Priest Named Father G.
- Kate Middleton Debuts Sad, Droopy Ponytail
- John Boehner Teaching GOP How to Talk to Chicks
- Meet Rouge New York, the Blowout Bar of Makeup
- Cities Ranked by Fake Instagram Happiness
- See Sexy Seventies Glamour From American Hustle
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 20 Days to Go!
- An Homage to the Lovely, Feisty Barbara Stanwyck
- Wish List: Nicholas Kirkwood’s Bondage Heels
- Kids Struggle With Platonic Friendship, Too
- Victorian Moms Creepin’ in Photo Portraits
- 16 Pretty Finds in Pantone's Radiant Orchid