• Shuttered East Village vintage boutique Poppet hosts a three-day pop-up, offering marked-down vintage dresses, shoes, boots, coats, hats, bags, and jewelry. 48 Greenwich Ave., nr. Perry St.; S–M (noon–8).
• CRUSHfanzine is opening a pop-up shop in the loft suite of the Ace Hotel. Listen to music, enjoy complimentary Champagne, and shop half-off merchandise from Converse, Commonwealth Utilities, Opening Ceremony, Keep, and more. The stash includes one-off customized high-top Chuck Taylors by New York artists and designers. Ace Hotel, 20 W. 29th St., at Broadway, loft suite (212-679-2222); 11–9.
• Join BurdaStyle and STC Craft for a DIY design event. Free activities include sewing your own bag, printing on notebooks and totes, and hand-stitching. Complimentary beer and snacks will be served. RSVP to DIYDesign.eventbrite.com. PerkStreet Lounge, 303 Grand St., nr. Havemeyer St.; noon–5.
• Celebrate Independent Retail Week, a shopping event that aims to help bring attention to local, independent shops as the holiday season approaches. Over 70 retailers are participating and holding special events such as fashion shows, demonstrations, makeovers, and sales. Visit independentretailweek.com for a full schedule of store locations and hours.
• Donate a used coat to Barbour's coat drive and receive 25 percent off a new Barbour jacket. Donated coats will go to local residents in need. Through 12/26. 1047 Madison Ave., at 80th St. (212-570-2600); M–S (10–6), Su (noon–5).
• Merchandise is up to 70 percent off at the Hugo Boss sample sale. Women's leather jackets are $299.99, women's shoes are $99.99, men's suits are $399.99, and men's dress shirts are $59.99. Soiffer Haskin, 317 W. 33rd St., at Eighth Ave. (718-747-1656); T–F (9–7), S (9–5).
• Receive up to 65 percent off handbags and womenswear at the Bulga and Sarah Pacini sample sale. 42 Greene St., nr. Grand St., second fl.; Th–F (10–8), S (10–7).
• Find deals on boots, bags, scarves, wallets, and tees at the Salvor Projects 2009 studio sale. 120 W. 28th St., nr. Sixth Ave., Ste. 4K (646-241-4823); noon–7.
• Merchandise from Roberto Cavalli is 70 to 80 percent off. Metropolitan Pavilion, 110 W. 19th St., nr. Sixth Ave.; Th–F (8–8), S (9–6).
• Idlewild Books hosts a pre-holiday sale, offering 20 to 50 percent off books and other merchandise. Books are 20 percent off, maps and globes are 30 percent off, and select merchandise is 50 percent off. Through 11/15. 12 W. 19th St., nr Fifth Ave. (212-414-8888); noon–7.
• Samples and stock for women and men are up to 85 percent off at the Elie Tahari warehouse sale. Chelsea Market, 75 Ninth Ave., nr. 15th St.; W–Su (10–7).
• Clothing, shoes, jewelry, and bags by Surface to Air are 50 to 60 percent off. 5 Crosby St., nr. Grand St., Ste. 6D; F–Su (noon–7).
Everything in the store is 50 percent off at the Hairy Mary's Vintage closing sale. 149 Orchard, nr. Rivington St. (212-228-8989); F (1–8), S–Su (noon–8).
• Scoop NYC hosts a "shop more, save more" sale. Spend $250 to $499 and save 20 percent; spend $500 to $999 and save 30 percent; and spend $1,000 or more and save 40 percent. Various hours and locations.
• Cashmere hats, gloves, and accessories are up to 70 percent off at the Jennifer Tyler sale. The Helsley Carlton House, 680 Madison Ave., at 61st St. (212-838-3000); Th–S (9:30–7), Su (noon–6), M (9:30–1).