• Shuttered East Village vintage boutique Poppet hosts a three-day pop-up, offering marked-down vintage dresses, shoes, boots, coats, hats, bags, and jewelry. 48 Greenwich Ave., nr. Perry St.; S–M (noon–8).
• CRUSHfanzine is opening a pop-up shop in the loft suite of the Ace Hotel. Listen to music, enjoy complimentary Champagne, and shop half-off merchandise from Converse, Commonwealth Utilities, Opening Ceremony, Keep, and more. The stash includes one-off customized high-top Chuck Taylors by New York artists and designers. Ace Hotel, 20 W. 29th St., at Broadway, loft suite (212-679-2222); 11–9.
• Join BurdaStyle and STC Craft for a DIY design event. Free activities include sewing your own bag, printing on notebooks and totes, and hand-stitching. Complimentary beer and snacks will be served. RSVP to DIYDesign.eventbrite.com. PerkStreet Lounge, 303 Grand St., nr. Havemeyer St.; noon–5.
• Celebrate Independent Retail Week, a shopping event that aims to help bring attention to local, independent shops as the holiday season approaches. Over 70 retailers are participating and holding special events such as fashion shows, demonstrations, makeovers, and sales. Visit independentretailweek.com for a full schedule of store locations and hours.
• Donate a used coat to Barbour's coat drive and receive 25 percent off a new Barbour jacket. Donated coats will go to local residents in need. Through 12/26. 1047 Madison Ave., at 80th St. (212-570-2600); M–S (10–6), Su (noon–5).
• Merchandise is up to 70 percent off at the Hugo Boss sample sale. Women's leather jackets are $299.99, women's shoes are $99.99, men's suits are $399.99, and men's dress shirts are $59.99. Soiffer Haskin, 317 W. 33rd St., at Eighth Ave. (718-747-1656); T–F (9–7), S (9–5).
• Receive up to 65 percent off handbags and womenswear at the Bulga and Sarah Pacini sample sale. 42 Greene St., nr. Grand St., second fl.; Th–F (10–8), S (10–7).
• Find deals on boots, bags, scarves, wallets, and tees at the Salvor Projects 2009 studio sale. 120 W. 28th St., nr. Sixth Ave., Ste. 4K (646-241-4823); noon–7.
• Merchandise from Roberto Cavalli is 70 to 80 percent off. Metropolitan Pavilion, 110 W. 19th St., nr. Sixth Ave.; Th–F (8–8), S (9–6).
• Idlewild Books hosts a pre-holiday sale, offering 20 to 50 percent off books and other merchandise. Books are 20 percent off, maps and globes are 30 percent off, and select merchandise is 50 percent off. Through 11/15. 12 W. 19th St., nr Fifth Ave. (212-414-8888); noon–7.
• Samples and stock for women and men are up to 85 percent off at the Elie Tahari warehouse sale. Chelsea Market, 75 Ninth Ave., nr. 15th St.; W–Su (10–7).
• Clothing, shoes, jewelry, and bags by Surface to Air are 50 to 60 percent off. 5 Crosby St., nr. Grand St., Ste. 6D; F–Su (noon–7).
Everything in the store is 50 percent off at the Hairy Mary's Vintage closing sale. 149 Orchard, nr. Rivington St. (212-228-8989); F (1–8), S–Su (noon–8).
• Scoop NYC hosts a "shop more, save more" sale. Spend $250 to $499 and save 20 percent; spend $500 to $999 and save 30 percent; and spend $1,000 or more and save 40 percent. Various hours and locations.
• Cashmere hats, gloves, and accessories are up to 70 percent off at the Jennifer Tyler sale. The Helsley Carlton House, 680 Madison Ave., at 61st St. (212-838-3000); Th–S (9:30–7), Su (noon–6), M (9:30–1).
Most Viewed Stories
Brad Pitt Fights Back Against Angelina Jolie and Her Plot to ‘Destroy’ Him
Looks Like Kate Middleton Is Enjoying the View in Canada
Trump Campaign Manager Accidentally Refers to His ‘Abuse’ of Women on Live TV
Megyn Kelly Roasts Trump’s Campaign Manager for Claiming He Doesn’t Make Sexist Comments
What It’s Like to Be a Female Reporter Covering Donald Trump
Finally Someone Called Donald Trump a Giant Baby and It Was Michelle Obama
22 Intimate Lost Photos of Marilyn Monroe
The Best Part of Being a Royal Is Getting to Pet Bunnies
Prince Married to Commoner Still Too Good to Tweet
Democratic Women Senators Are Very Concerned About Donald Trump’s Weight
From Our Partners
powered by PubExchange
The Cut’s Latest Shopping FeaturesHow to Wear a Pink Suit
That millennial-friendly color strikes again.Cheap Thrill: A Frilled Tomato-Red Jumpsuit
Saucy.14 Things on Sale You’ll Actually Want to Buy: From a Backpack to a Bralette
This week, we dug through the darkest, deepest depths of the internet and found a back-to-school-worthy backpack and a $30 mint-green lamp.Treat Yourself: This Ring Will Make You Feel Like a Boss
A defense against impostor syndrome.Back-to-School Shopping Guide: The College Years
From fuzzy pillows to flatware.The 11 Best Pieces to Buy at Avenue 32’s Sale
Deep discounts, up to 80 percent off.Could These Be the Best Workout Leggings?
Meet the high-waisted version of ADAY's perpetually sold-out Throw and Roll leggings.The Perfect Summer Blanket Is Here
Never wake up in another night sweat again.Cheap Thrill: a Summer Dress You’ll Want to Wear Every Day
For work and weekend.How to Wear Two Bright Colors Together
Marigold and acid-green actually go together really well.
Grunge and glam had a baby together, and it's this clutch.Drake’s Is Now Collaborating With J.Crew
The British menswear brand, not the rapper.13 Basics on Sale, From a T-Shirt to a Tea Kettle
Here, some simple things on super-sale.Here’s Another Way to Get That Vetements Look
Champion's Reverse Weave collection is now sold on SSENSE.10 Bodysuits to Tuck Into Pretty Much Everything
Wear them with mom jeans, high-waisted skirts, work pants ...How to Make Your Work Clothes Less Boring
Take some liberties with this cool Tory Burch skirt.You Can Now Wear Your Succulents on Your Fingers
With the 13-piece Cactus de Cartier collection.Vivienne Westwood’s New York Debut, Unexpected Pool Floats, and a ’70s-Inspired Record Store
What's new in New York stores.Treat Yourself: A Bubblegum-Pink Varsity Jacket
Get one for everyone in your girl gang.9 Ways to Make Your Summer Wardrobe Less Boring
Don't freak out. Buy one of these nine things instead.