• Bare Escentuals opens a new 1,600-square-foot boutique in Times Square. The first 100 visitors on Friday and Saturday will receive a free T-shirt. 1585 Broadway, nr. 47th St. (212-220-0414); daily, 9–11.
• Meet handbag and accessories designer Carlos Falchi at Bergdorf Goodman. Falchi will be signing handbags for all who attend. 754 Fifth Ave., at 57th St. (212-753-7300); 10–5.
• Clothing, shoes, jewelry, and bags by Surface to Air are 50 to 60 percent off. Through 11/15. 5 Crosby St., nr. Grand St., Ste. 6D; F–Su (noon–7).
• Save up to 70 percent at the Tibi fall 2009 sample sale. The paisley tie-waist dress is $100 (originally $328), the silk strapless dress is $105 (originally $345), and the beaded shift dress is $168 (originally $528). 409 W. 39th St., nr. Ninth Ave.; W (1–7), Th (9–6), F (9–5).
• Current samples and past-season items are up to 80 percent off at the Lewis Cho sample sale. 225 W. 36th St., nr. Seventh Ave., Ste. 702 (212-629-9329); Th (11–8), F (11–7).
• Patricia Field and Baileys Irish Cream are pairing up to launch the Baileys Holiday Shoe Store to benefit the Clothes Off Our Back charity. Designer shoes from L.A.M.B., Barbara Bui, Sergio Rossi, and more are $75 apiece (originally $300 to $1,200). 421 W. Broadway, nr. Spring St.; W–F (11–7).
• Bathing suits start at $30 and men's button-down shirts start at $50 at the Kathleen Cook and Orlando Carreras sample sale. 147 W. 35th St., nr. Sixth Ave., Ste. 1003; Th (10–8), F (10–7).
• Sportswear is 75 percent off at the Lafayette 148 sale. 148 Lafayette St., nr. Grand St.; T–F (9–8).