• Burton is hosting a Girl's Night Out shopping event to showcase the 2010 collection. The first 100 attendees will receive Burton and Teen Vogue goodie bags, and all guests can enter to win a $1,000 shopping spree. Complimentary snacks and drinks will be served. RSVP to rsvpNYC@burtonsnowboards.com. 106 Spring St., at Mercer St. (212-966-8068); 6–8.
• American Eagle Outfitters unveils its new four-level flagship in Times Square. The space houses a denim library with 20,000 pairs of jeans and features a 25-story LED billboard outside that displays photos of shoppers. 1551 Broadway, at 46th St.; 10 a.m–1 a.m.
• Housing Works launches the Fashion for Action charity event. The four-day event kicks off with a shopping preview, cocktail party, and silent auction. Details and tickets (starting at $100) are available at HousingWorks.org. The following three days feature a public sample sale, touting $1 million worth of designer merchandise for 50 to 70 percent off. Opening-night benefit, Rubin Museum of Art, 150 W. 17th St., nr. Seventh Ave.; 6—10. Public sample sale, Chelsea Thrift Shop, 143 W. 17th St., nr. Seventh Ave.; F (10–7), S (10–6), Su (noon–5).
• Meet Caudalíe co-founder Mathilde Thomas and receive a mini-spa treatment with Premier Cru, Caudalíe's new anti-aging cream. Thomas will be at each location from noon to 4 p.m. Sephora 86th and Lexington, 144 E. 86th St., nr. Lexington Ave. (212-426-6199); Th (11—5). Sephora Union Square, 45 E. 17th St., nr. Park Ave. South (212-995-8833); F (11–5).
• Lingerie is up to 80 percent off and ready-to-wear is up to 60 percent off at the Araks sample sale. The organic cotton chemise is $90 (originally $275), cotton camis with tulle trim are $40 (originally $160), and bras and panties start at $10. Through 11/20. 137 Grand St., nr. Crosby St.; Th (8:30–7:30), F (9:30–6:30).
• Steven Alan hosts a sample sale, offering Steven Alan shirts, Mirage leather jackets, Gryson handbags, Generic Man shoes, and more for over 50 percent off. Steven Alan women's shirts are $58 (originally $175) and DemyLee sweaters are $125 (originally $300). Through 11/22. 87 Franklin St., nr. Broadway (212-219-3305); Th–F (8:30–8), S (noon–7), Su (noon–5).
• All vintage merchandise is 50 percent off at the Circa Now friends-and-family sale. Through 11/19. 238 E. 6th St., nr. Second Ave. (212-254-2555); noon–8.
• Zang Toi is hosting a holiday sample sale and cocktail party, including jewelry designer Wendy Brandes. Fried wontons and wine will be served. RSVP to Zangtoi@houseoftoi.com. Through 11/19. 30 W. 57th St., nr. Sixth Ave., seventh fl.; noon–8.
• Shop deals at the Tracy Reese sample sale, including merchandise from Plenty and Frock. The Patchwork frock in raspberry is $190 (originally $525), the Plenty by Tracy Reese asymmetrical Surplice dress in pumpkin prairie floral is $120 (originally $260), and the Frock! by Tracy Reese ruffled strapless Ciera dress in blue is $120 (originally $300). The first 150 customers will receive a gift bag of full-size beauty products. Through 11/20. 260 W. 39th St., nr. Eighth Ave., fifth fl. (646-438-6928); Th–F (9–7).
• Reem Acra ready-to-wear and eveningwear samples from current and past seasons are up to 90 percent off. Through 11/20. 53 W. 36th St., nr. Fifth Ave.; Th–F (9–7).
• One-of-a-kind bags by Isabella Fiore are up to 80 percent off at the Savvy & Co. sample sale. Through 11/20. 42 Greene St., nr. Grand St.; Th–F (10–8), S (10–7).
• Select Ali Ro merchandise is more than 65 percent off. Through 11/20. 530 Seventh Ave., at 39th St., fourteenth fl. (212-575-2550); Th (8:30–6:30), F (8:30–5:30).
• MZ Wallace handbags are $100 (originally $295 to $425) at the brand's sample sale. Through 11/21. 125 Crosby St., nr. Prince St.; Th—F (10–8), S (10–4).
• Select items are up to 70 percent off at the Rubin Chapelle sample sale. Through 11/21. 410 W. 14th St., nr. Ninth Ave. (212-647-8636); Th–F (noon–7), S (noon–6).
• Mara Hoffman coats, dresses, tunics, and tops are up to 75 percent off at the Savvy & Co. sample sale. Through 11/21. 42 Greene St., nr. Grand St., second fl.; Th–F (10–7), S (10–7).
• Men's and women's clothing and accessories are up to 80 percent off at the Armani warehouse sale. New items will be added daily. Through 11/21. Metropolitan Pavilion, 123 W. 18th St., nr. Sixth Ave., fourth fl.; Th (3–8), F (10–8), S (10–6).
• Men's fall samples and stock are 60 to 80 percent off at the Hickey and Original Penguin sample sale. The selection includes button-down shirts, suits, ties, polos, coats, and more. Hickey ties are $19 (originally $125), Original Penguin hoodies are $35 (originally $98), and Cold Method long peacoats are $95 (originally $315). Through 11/22. Chelsea Market, 75 Ninth Ave., nr. 15th St.; Th–Su (10:30–7).
• Kooba handbags from current and past seasons are up to 80 percent off. 141 W. 36th St., nr. Seventh Ave., nineteenth fl.; T—Th (10–2 and 3–8).
• Cashmere sweaters are $80 and cotton basics are $50 at the Inhabit sample sale. 1411 Broadway, nr. 40th St., 24th fl.; W–Th (10–6).
• Samples and stock are 70 percent off at the Marlies Dekkers lingerie sale. 50 W. 57th St., nr. Sixth Ave., eighth fl.; T–Th (10–6).
• Classic crocodile clutches are 50 percent off at the Nancy Gonzalez sale. 50 W. 57th St., nr. Sixth Ave., eighth fl. (212-920-1211); T–Th (10–6).
• Handbags, totes, clutches, and wallets are up to 80 percent off at the MCM sample sale. New merchandise will be added throughout the week. 50 W. 57th St., nr. Sixth Ave., eighth fl. (212-920-1211); T–Th (10–6).
• Outerwear, sportswear, and dresses are up to 80 percent off at the Strenesse sample and stock sale. 50 W. 57th St., nr. Sixth Ave., eighth fl. (212-920-1211); T–Th (10–6).
• Dresses, blouses, sweaters, coats, and accessories are up to 75 percent off at the Twinkle by Wenlan fall sample sale. Silk-georgette dresses are $114 (originally $335), wool coats are $165 (originally $484), and knit accessories are $40 (originally $120). 545 Eighth Ave., nr. 37th St.; W–Th (10–7).
• Womenswear, menswear, YYigal items, and accessories are up to 70 percent off at the Yigal Azrouël sample sale. Tops are $125 (originally $430), dresses are $235 (originally $790), and knits are $170 (originally $575). 225 W. 39th St., nr. Seventh Ave. (212-302-1194); W–Th (9–7).
Most Viewed Stories
‘Weed Dick’ Is the New Way for Men to Sexually Disappoint You
Amber Rose, Populist Slut Hero of Our Time
Portraits of Privilege: A Teen Demands Mac ’n’ Cheese
7 Alternatives to Those Sold-Out L.L. Bean Boots
You Think You’re Too Classy to Drink Champagne From a Bong?
Adriana Lima on Boxing, Brazilian Beauty Secrets
Why Do I Jerk Awake Right As I’m Falling Asleep?
Rihanna Will Never Settle
The One Beauty Item That Keeps Popping Up at Fashion Month
This IUD Ad Is Actually About Staten Island
From Our Partners
How This Woman Lost 30 Pounds After Years of Ignoring Her Weight Gain
Why You Should Never Wear These Two Items Two Days In A Row
Fabulous Find of the Week: Forever 21 Trench Coat
5 Best Sex Positions to Practically Guarantee an Orgasm
powered by PubExchange
The Cut’s Latest Shopping Features7 Alternatives to Those Sold-Out L.L. Bean Boots
Don't be one of the 100,000 losers waiting for back orders.Stock Up on These Fall Boots Under $300
Sensible lace-ups, sparkly shoes, and more.Cheap Thrill: Jacquemus’s Tailored T-Shirt
A signature piece from the "It" designer.Outfit of the Week: A Smart Way to Layer Basics
One more way to make weekdays easier.Cool Cocktail Dresses Inspired by the Philippines
From the up-and-comers behind Mestiza.Treat-Yourself Friday: A Utilitarian Leather Jacket
Perfect for the unpredictable weather.38 Pairs of Boots to Buy This Fall
Because pedicure season is finally over.41 Downright-Gorgeous New Pieces for Your Home
From kingly bedding to froggy rugs to Georg Jensen glass.5 Discerning New Yorkers on Their Favorite Finds for the Home
Project Runway’s Tim Gunn, celebrity stylist June Ambrose, and more choose the city’s finest boutiques, furniture restorers, specialty shops, designers, and cleaners.Marni’s Fabulously Shaggy Winter Coats Are Here
Fluffy and fantastic.
Welcome to layering season.Cheap Thrill: COS’s Wide-Leg Pants
A versatile transition piece.Outfit of the Week: Light Fall Layers
No jacket needed.37 Great Basics for Updating Your Wardrobe This Fall
The best work-friendly pieces, the perfect trench, and everything else you need right now.Treat Yourself Friday: A Quirky Bucket Bag
A playful take on the trend.Balenciaga’s New Shoes Are a ’90s Dream
Angela Chase would approve.Altuzarra’s First Bags Debut at Barneys New York
Introducing the Ghianda collection.115 Ways to Scream ‘Status’
The thing to have right now if you’re an Italian chef, an Upper East Side lady, a leather daddy, or a Dalton senior. (We know because we asked.)Cheap Thrill: Kenzo’s Flirty Pleated Skirt
A go-with-everything skirt on sale.Outfit of the Week: A Work-Friendly Combo
The ideal pieces to wear as we head into fall.