• Topshop hosts a holiday style event, complete with Champagne, hors d'oeuvre, a D.J., and Topshop style advisers (including assistance from New York fashion director Harriet Mays Powell). Merchandise will be 20 percent off during the event. RSVP here. Topshop, 478 Broadway, nr. Broome St. (212-966-9455); 6:30–9:30.
• Meet The City's Olivia Palermo, Elle creative director Joe Zee, and Ports 1961 creative director Tia Cibani as they present the Ports 1961 pre-spring collection. Bloomingdale's, 1000 Third Ave., at 59th St., fourth fl. (212-705-2000); 6–8.
• Helianthus hosts a shopping party at its West Village location, including Champagne, food, goody bags, and deals. During the event, buy one item and get a second one for 50 percent off. Each customer will also be entered in a raffle to win a gift certificate to the store. 552 La Guardia Pl., nr. W. 3rd St. (212-677-6888); 6–9.
• Check out Lab Series Skincare for Men's new pop-up shop. Receive a complimentary skin-care consultation, preview new products, and enjoy grooming services, nail buffing, and shoe shines. Through 11/14. 43 E. 42nd St., nr. Madison Ave.; daily (7–7).
• Attend the opening reception for photographer Corey Arnold's exhibition, Fish Work, at Dunderdon. Mulled wine, hot apple cider, and other fall treats will be served, and all fall/winter 2009 merchandise will be 10 percent off. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org. 25 Howard St., at Crosby St. (212-226-4040); 5–8.
• Celebrate the opening of new fashion, art, and furniture boutique Trunk in Dumbo and view new works by local artists and designers. 68 Jay St., nr. Front St., Ste. 101, Dumbo, Brooklyn (718-522-6488); 6–10.
• See the work of more than 60 artists at Kidrobot's Munnyworld Custom Toy Show, featuring five winners from the Munnyworld Custom Contest. The collectible vinyl figures will be available for purchase at the event. Eloquent Delinquents Gallery, 41 Wooster St., nr. Broome St.; Th (8–10), F–Su (noon–7).
• New shoe boutique NOS teams up with Mackage to host a fashion show and shopping event. Receive 15 percent off all Mackage fall/winter outerwear and 10 percent off all shoes and accessories. RSVP to RSVP@nosboutique.com. 68 Jay St., nr. Front St. (718-422-0095); cocktails, 6:30–9, Mackage fashion show, 7:30.
• Find deals on boots, bags, scarves, wallets, and tees at the Salvor Projects 2009 studio sale. Through 11/14. 120 W. 28th St., nr. Sixth Ave., Ste. 4K (646-241-4823); noon–7.
• Shoes start at $100 at the (formerly secret) Manolo Blahnik sample sale. The sale is open to V.I.P. customers and press only in the morning and extends to the public in the afternoon. Through 11/12. The Warwick New York, 65 W. 54th St., nr. Sixth Ave. (212-247-2700); open until 4 p.m.
• Bathing suits start at $30 and men's button-down shirts start at $50 at the Kathleen Cook and Orlando Carreras sample sale. Through 11/13. 147 W. 35th St., nr. Sixth Ave., Ste. 1003; Th (10–8), F (10–7).
• Receive up to 65 percent off handbags and womenswear at the Bulga and Sarah Pacini sample sale. Through 11/14. 42 Greene St., nr. Grand St., second fl.; Th–F (10–8), S (10–7).
• Boots and shoes are $80 to $150 (originally $250 to $650) at the Butter, Tibi, and Something Bleu footwear sale. 307 Seventh Ave., nr. 27th St., Ste. 2307 (212-366-1822); M–Th (10–7).
• Silk dresses are $120 (originally $372), bombers are $140 (originally $350), and skirts are $90 (originally $310) at the Lauren Moffatt sample sale. 214 W. 29th St., nr. Eighth Ave., Ste. 1503 (212-465-0839); T–Th (9–7).
• Cashmere V-necks, crewnecks, and turtlenecks are $85 (originally $220), cashmere tees are $50 (originally $125), and cashmere scarves are $80 (originally $175) at the White + Warren sample sale. 80 W. 40th St., nr. Fifth Ave., third fl.; T–W (8–7), Th (8–3).
• Merchandise is up to 70 percent off at the Susana Monaco fall sample sale. 263 W. 38th St., nr. Eighth Ave., fifteenth fl.; W–Th (9–7).
• Womenswear, swimwear, and denim are up to 75 percent off at the Shoshanna and Anlo fall sample sale. Spring dresses are $150 (originally $350), tops are $100 (originally $250), and jeans are $75 (originally $200). Shoshanna Showroom, 23 W. 39th St., nr. Seventh Ave., Ste. 422 (212-719-3601); W (10–6:30), Th (10–5:30).
Most Viewed Stories
Melania Trump Is Reportedly ‘Miserable’ in Her Role As First Lady
When Good Christian Girls Need Planned Parenthood
Nighttime Voice-mails From the White House
My Daughter’s Suburban Childhood Looks Nothing Like My Urban One
Trump Somehow Found a Way to Insult Women at the Unveiling of an Airplane
Fixer Upper’s First Single Bachelor Is Causing Some Drama
Angelina Jolie Attended the Premiere of Her New Movie in Cambodia
Chrissy Teigen on ‘Underrepresented’ Asian Models and Appropriation
Zoe Saldana Shares the First Photo of Her Newborn Baby
Angela Merkel Is Also Powerless Against Justin Trudeau’s Gaze
The Cut’s Latest Shopping FeaturesHow to Wear a Pink Suit
That millennial-friendly color strikes again.Cheap Thrill: A Frilled Tomato-Red Jumpsuit
Saucy.14 Things on Sale You’ll Actually Want to Buy: From a Backpack to a Bralette
This week, we dug through the darkest, deepest depths of the internet and found a back-to-school-worthy backpack and a $30 mint-green lamp.Treat Yourself: This Ring Will Make You Feel Like a Boss
A defense against impostor syndrome.Back-to-School Shopping Guide: The College Years
From fuzzy pillows to flatware.The 11 Best Pieces to Buy at Avenue 32’s Sale
Deep discounts, up to 80 percent off.Could These Be the Best Workout Leggings?
Meet the high-waisted version of ADAY's perpetually sold-out Throw and Roll leggings.The Perfect Summer Blanket Is Here
Never wake up in another night sweat again.Cheap Thrill: a Summer Dress You’ll Want to Wear Every Day
For work and weekend.How to Wear Two Bright Colors Together
Marigold and acid-green actually go together really well.
Grunge and glam had a baby together, and it's this clutch.Drake’s Is Now Collaborating With J.Crew
The British menswear brand, not the rapper.13 Basics on Sale, From a T-Shirt to a Tea Kettle
Here, some simple things on super-sale.Here’s Another Way to Get That Vetements Look
Champion's Reverse Weave collection is now sold on SSENSE.10 Bodysuits to Tuck Into Pretty Much Everything
Wear them with mom jeans, high-waisted skirts, work pants ...How to Make Your Work Clothes Less Boring
Take some liberties with this cool Tory Burch skirt.You Can Now Wear Your Succulents on Your Fingers
With the 13-piece Cactus de Cartier collection.Vivienne Westwood’s New York Debut, Unexpected Pool Floats, and a ’70s-Inspired Record Store
What's new in New York stores.Treat Yourself: A Bubblegum-Pink Varsity Jacket
Get one for everyone in your girl gang.9 Ways to Make Your Summer Wardrobe Less Boring
Don't freak out. Buy one of these nine things instead.