The second round of auctions of the late Yves Saint Laurent and his partner Pierre Bergé's things, proceeds from which go to the fight against AIDS, is under way in Paris. His black-and-white French bulldog Moujik has been watching the proceedings (or sleeping through them — it's unclear). Already, item sales are beyond exceeding expectations. As of yesterday, the items had fetched 4 million euros, or about $6 million. Christie's expected the total lot — 1,185 objects, mostly from the couple's country house in Normandy — to fetch 3 to 4 million euros. A five-piece set of furniture in antler worth 6,000 to 8,000 euros went for 169,000 euros. And the couple's pots and pans, which the AFP describes as "banal," and which were expected to fetch 700 to 1,000 euros, went for 15,000 euros. That's $22,294.50. For pots and pans. And Yves and Pierre were so rich and fabulous that they probably never used them personally. But yay for helping a good cause. The auction wraps up tomorrow.
Kim Kardashian Insta-Idolizes Elizabeth Taylor
The Hair Stories Behind American Hustle
Sarah Jessica Parker Longs to Take the Bus
- Sheryl Sandberg’s Favorite Shampoo Commercial
- Kate Winslet Just Had a Baby Boy
- Kim Kardashian Insta-Idolizes Elizabeth Taylor
- Taylor Swift Uses Her Phone to Put on Makeup
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 15 Days to Go!
- The Hair Stories Behind American Hustle
- New York Winter Weddings Issue Is Live!
- Wish List: 3.1 Phillip Lim’s Quinn Loafer
- Daniel Radcliffe Has a Greasy New Bob
- Qantas Staff Doesn’t Want to Look Like Kerr
- Pre-Fall’s Best: Jason Wu, Rag & Bone, and More
- Sarah Jessica Parker Longs to Take the Bus
- Rodarte Sent Rihanna Boob Tassels for Christmas
- Should Women in Their Forties Model Underwear?
- 7 Things Lady Gaga’s Dreads Actually Look Like