• A Paris court fined eBay $2.6 million for failing to stop the trade of Louis Vuitton Moët Hennessy fragrances and cosmetics on the French eBay website. LVMH says that this decision signifies an important step in the fight for lawful online practices. [WWD]
• American Idol judge Simon Cowell reportedly gets his hands waxed. He also openly confessed to getting Botox, saying "I’ve had Botox, but, then again, pretty much everyone I know has, except Cheryl Cole." [NYDN]
• Ashlee Simpson made a severe haircolor change, going from strawberry red to jet black for her role in Broadway's Chicago play. Do you like the update? [Girls in the Beauty Department/Glamour]
• With the new health-care plan introducing a 5 percent tax on elective cosmetic surgeries, a proposal nicknamed the Bo-tax, doctors predict a rise in medical tourism (traveling elsewhere to get plastic surgery). [NYT]
• Du Juan's makeup collection for Yue-Sai Cosmetics is named the Shooting Star collection and includes two pieces, an eye-shadow quad and a 24-karat face-and-body sparkle. The collection is going to launch first in China, with possible plans to come to the United States next year. [Beauty Counter/Style.com]
• Alicia Silverstone teamed up with ecoTOOLS to create a set of five cosmetic bags that are all ecofriendly. They land in Walgreens and Target stores this month. [Beauty Girl Musings]
• The Nail Queen 2009 Awards were held in Tokyo yesterday as part of the Toyo Nail Expo. The annual event drew 50,000 visitors. [HuffPo]
Most Viewed Stories
It’s Harder to Be Thin Than It Was in the ’80s
Why Do I Jerk Awake Right As I’m Falling Asleep?
From Up Close, Raf Simons’s Vision for Dior Is Clear
Michelle Obama: No Boy Is Cute Enough to Keep You From Getting an Education
A Pregnant Supermodel Explains What She Eats
The World’s Easiest Way to Highlight Your Face
Meet the Prom Queen of Instagram
Selfie Sorority Uses Media Frenzy for Good Cause
‘Truly Ugly Guy With Glasses’ Is Europe’s Most Virile Man
Stop Time-Traveling to Such Lame Eras, Losers
From Our Partners
This 30-Day Squat Challenge Will Transform Your Body
The Art of Loving and Losing Female Friends
You Should Be Sleeping With Your Hair In A Bun–Here’s Why
Anna Wintour Acknowledges Kim and Kanye Are Not 'Tasteful'
powered by PubExchange
The Cut’s Latest Beauty FeaturesEven Barbie Wants Kim Kardashian’s Makeup Artist
Life in plastic, it's fantastic.This Is How You Should Smell for Fall
Hint: not like a pumpkin.A Lesson in Beauty Grammar at Dior
What "past future perfect" means in terms of hair and makeup.Why Does My Heart Feel Like It’s Exploding?
A girl's guide to chest pain.The World’s Easiest Way to Highlight Your Face
How to strobe like a pro.A Pregnant Supermodel Explains What She Eats
"Don't be afraid of the fat."It’s Harder to Be Thin Than It Was in the ’80s
Hate you, boomers.Inside a Beauty Editor’s Insane Skin-Care Routine
A minimum of 12 products.Pat McGrath Wants You Dipped in Gold
The legendary makeup artist launches an exclusive product.Let’s All Get High on Cold-Pressed Juice!
Juice Crawls just killed nightlife.
"A modern-day romantic comedy."3 Fall Polishes to Express Your Inner Angst
For the #FallGoth inside you.Margiela Did Crazy Beauty, Again
Glam rock meets geisha meets nestlike hair.Dump Someone If You Hate Their Smell
And other revelations from the Hermès perfumers.All You’re Going to Want for Christmas Is Mariah’s M.A.C Collaboration
A Dreamlover of a beauty collection.Do I Make This Quesadilla Look Fat?
A new study suggests that weight bias affects how we perceive food info online.Want Soft Hands? The Olsen Twins Can Help.
Their latest beauty launch is surprisingly effective.The Angelina Jolie of China on Fame and Power
A rare interview with activist actress Yao Chen.Mindy Kaling’s Book Is Full of Beauty Wisdom
Six of our favorite insights.How to Look Amazing in Under 10 Minutes
A makeup artist's everyday skin routine.