As anyone might have predicted, France is distraught over the court ruling in Christian Lacroix's bankruptcy. Industry Minister Christian Estrosi published a statement on his website this week, in which he said he suspects the economic downturn in Dubai is likely what kept Ajman sheikh Hassan Bin Ali al-Nuaimi from submitting his financial guarantees on time. He is tapping the network of French diplomats in the UAE to "alert the sheikh of the urgency of the situation." Dubai's in the hole, but a legendary couturier needs saving. Priorities, please. Making the situation even more urgent, Lacroix has said he doesn't want to work with the Falic Group on any future projects. So if they relaunch Lacroix ready-to-wear and accessories under license, which is a possibility, he wants nothing to do with it.
Famous Person Dares to Wear Dress More Than Once
Shailene Woodley’s Beauty Mantra: ‘You Do You’
A First Glimpse of Beyoncé and Jay’s Vegan Life
- Happy Birthday, Jeff Bridges!
- Famous Person Dares to Wear Dress More Than Once
- WSJ Columnist: Time Warner Is a ‘Little Girl’
- Watch Lily McMenamy Do Crazy-Ass Yoga in Céline
- Katy Perry Says Volunteer for the Insta-Pix
- Shailene Woodley’s Beauty Mantra: ‘You Do You’
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 21 Days to Go!
- A First Glimpse of Beyoncé and Jay’s Vegan Life
- Party Pics: The First Wave From Art Basel Miami
- Gumbel Makes Barneys Race Joke to Barneys CEO
- Tyra Banks Is 40!
- Kimye Plans Super-Subtle Wedding at Versailles
- Liv Tyler Reminds Us to Say Please and Thank You
- Used Princess Di Clothes Sell for $140,000
- ‘Kamikaze Sperm’: Fighting Off Rivals?