• Iran's state television is banning makeup for women. Top manager Ezzatollah Zarghami reported that many female presenters are wearing makeup to purposely be taken off the air. The broadcaster will also ban "abnormal" music and unruly children.
• Lancôme is rolling out a vibrating foundation, following in the success of last year's Ôscillation mascara. The Ôscillation Powderfoundation's applicator vibrates at 7,000 times a minute, which is supposed to make the mineral powder go on more smoothly and soften skin over time. And it's surprisingly less messy than most powder foundations. [BellaSugar]
• Le Métier de Beauté's new anti-aging serum, Peau Vierge Anti-Aging Complexe, completely sold out in one day at Bergdorf Goodman. The product uses a new technology that delivers retinol twenty times more efficiently than other products yet also reduces irritation. We'd like some of the next batch, please. [StyleList]
• Adam Lambert appears in the latest issue of People without his trademark heavy eyeliner and foundation. Take a tip from Jenny Humphrey and tone down the raccoon eyes, Adam. [Spoiled Pretty]
• Scientists at L'Oréal have discovered a substance that can take the strong smell out of hair dye. Monoethanolamine, or MEA, is currently used in ammonia-free dyes to darken hair, but L'Oréal was able to strengthen the substance to be able to use in lighter and gray-covering dyes. The new formula should be in salons in early 2010 and hit drugstore shelves sometime after. [BellaSugar]
• The hair bow may be making a comeback, as Victoria Beckham, Cheryl Cole, and, of course, Lady Gaga have all recently spotted the look. Would you try it at home? [Grazia UK]
• Turns out the best treatment for younger-looking skin is sleep! Tell that to our insomnia. [HuffPo]
Most Viewed Stories
It’s Finally Possible to Understand What Happened to Amanda Knox
Trump Campaign Manager Accidentally Refers to His ‘Abuse’ of Women on Live TV
The Very Uncomfortable Experience of Rewatching Election in 2016
Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Reportedly Broke Up
Ask Polly: Should I Try to Help My Alcoholic Friend?
Ask a Boss: My Co-worker Wants Everyone to Call Her Boyfriend Her ‘Master’!
Outrageous Party Photos From Andy Warhol’s Factory Days
22 Intimate Lost Photos of Marilyn Monroe
Chelsea Clinton Says She Didn’t Initially Know Her Mom Had Pneumonia Because She Was Trying to Power Through It
YogaToes Cured My Lifelong Fear of Bunions
From Our Partners
powered by PubExchange
The Cut’s Latest Beauty FeaturesYour Zits Are Actually Keeping You Young
New research suggest they are nature’s anti-ager.Rihanna’s Paris Fashion Week Show Involved a Lot More Purple Satin Than Anyone Was Expecting
Pastels were a major theme.Looks Like Kate Middleton Is Enjoying the View in Canada
It’s a beautiful country!College Student Printed Out Her Roommate’s Subtweets and Posted Them in the Dorm in Today’s Best College Drama
She printed out every subtweet and posted them on a bulletin board.The Y Is Back in YSL, But Not Much Else Is Yet
Anthony Vaccarello’s debut collection falls back on label classics. Plus: Young Parisian designers experiment.Prince Married to Commoner Still Too Good to Tweet
Their 'first tweet' was not impressive.Finally Someone Called Donald Trump a Giant Baby and It Was Michelle Obama
It was inevitable.What’s Going to Happen to Angelina’s Jewelry From Brad?
She has quite a few personal pieces from Brad Pitt that might wind up on the auction block.Models at Margiela Looked Like Rainbow Brite Alien Angels
Cosplay for characters that haven’t been invented yet.Senate Approves Long-Delayed Zika-Funding Bill
The $1.1 billion measure is expected to pass the House later today.
“Campaign stress?”Emma Watson and Justin Trudeau Hold International Wokeness Summit
Rude of them to not invite the American delegate, Matt McGorry.Whoopi Goldberg on Vetements and Burning Bridges
The comedian is trading The View for a higher profile in the fashion world.This Gentle Mask Kills Zits Overnight
And it doesn’t stink.What Really Happens Backstage at the Shows
Runway beauty used to be pretty low-key. Now it’s one of the main events.Gary Johnson Calls in Supernatural Powers for Election Help
Melissa Joan Hart is the new Connecticut chair for the Gary Johnson campaign.Kim Kardashian Assaulted by the Same Guy Who Grabbed Gigi Hadid
He ran up and kissed her ass.The FDA Is Finally Going to Update the Term ‘Healthy’
Currently, foods that are low in fat but high in sugar can use it, which, no.Trump Campaign Manager Accidentally Refers to His ‘Abuse’ of Women on Live TV
Kellyanne Conway made a Freudian slip.Meet the Designer Who Launched a Hit Label From His Apartment
Talking to Atlein designer Antonin Tron about his unconventional debut.