• Iran's state television is banning makeup for women. Top manager Ezzatollah Zarghami reported that many female presenters are wearing makeup to purposely be taken off the air. The broadcaster will also ban "abnormal" music and unruly children.
• Lancôme is rolling out a vibrating foundation, following in the success of last year's Ôscillation mascara. The Ôscillation Powderfoundation's applicator vibrates at 7,000 times a minute, which is supposed to make the mineral powder go on more smoothly and soften skin over time. And it's surprisingly less messy than most powder foundations. [BellaSugar]
• Le Métier de Beauté's new anti-aging serum, Peau Vierge Anti-Aging Complexe, completely sold out in one day at Bergdorf Goodman. The product uses a new technology that delivers retinol twenty times more efficiently than other products yet also reduces irritation. We'd like some of the next batch, please. [StyleList]
• Adam Lambert appears in the latest issue of People without his trademark heavy eyeliner and foundation. Take a tip from Jenny Humphrey and tone down the raccoon eyes, Adam. [Spoiled Pretty]
• Scientists at L'Oréal have discovered a substance that can take the strong smell out of hair dye. Monoethanolamine, or MEA, is currently used in ammonia-free dyes to darken hair, but L'Oréal was able to strengthen the substance to be able to use in lighter and gray-covering dyes. The new formula should be in salons in early 2010 and hit drugstore shelves sometime after. [BellaSugar]
• The hair bow may be making a comeback, as Victoria Beckham, Cheryl Cole, and, of course, Lady Gaga have all recently spotted the look. Would you try it at home? [Grazia UK]
• Turns out the best treatment for younger-looking skin is sleep! Tell that to our insomnia. [HuffPo]
Most Viewed Stories
It’s Harder to Be Thin Than It Was in the ’80s
Why Do I Jerk Awake Right As I’m Falling Asleep?
From Up Close, Raf Simons’s Vision for Dior Is Clear
Michelle Obama: No Boy Is Cute Enough to Keep You From Getting an Education
A Pregnant Supermodel Explains What She Eats
The World’s Easiest Way to Highlight Your Face
Meet the Prom Queen of Instagram
Selfie Sorority Uses Media Frenzy for Good Cause
‘Truly Ugly Guy With Glasses’ Is Europe’s Most Virile Man
Stop Time-Traveling to Such Lame Eras, Losers
From Our Partners
The Eye Makeup Tip That Will Put Plastic Surgeons Out of Business
Thrillist: Things No Self-Respecting Adult Should Be Doing on Facebook
Anna Wintour Acknowledges Kim and Kanye Are Not 'Tasteful'
15 Ways You Know a Girl Studied Abroad in Paris
powered by PubExchange
The Cut’s Latest Beauty FeaturesEven Barbie Wants Kim Kardashian’s Makeup Artist
Life in plastic, it's fantastic.This Is How You Should Smell for Fall
Hint: not like a pumpkin.A Lesson in Beauty Grammar at Dior
What "past future perfect" means in terms of hair and makeup.Why Does My Heart Feel Like It’s Exploding?
A girl's guide to chest pain.The World’s Easiest Way to Highlight Your Face
How to strobe like a pro.A Pregnant Supermodel Explains What She Eats
"Don't be afraid of the fat."It’s Harder to Be Thin Than It Was in the ’80s
Hate you, boomers.Inside a Beauty Editor’s Insane Skin-Care Routine
A minimum of 12 products.Pat McGrath Wants You Dipped in Gold
The legendary makeup artist launches an exclusive product.Let’s All Get High on Cold-Pressed Juice!
Juice Crawls just killed nightlife.
"A modern-day romantic comedy."3 Fall Polishes to Express Your Inner Angst
For the #FallGoth inside you.Margiela Did Crazy Beauty, Again
Glam rock meets geisha meets nestlike hair.Dump Someone If You Hate Their Smell
And other revelations from the Hermès perfumers.All You’re Going to Want for Christmas Is Mariah’s M.A.C Collaboration
A Dreamlover of a beauty collection.Do I Make This Quesadilla Look Fat?
A new study suggests that weight bias affects how we perceive food info online.Want Soft Hands? The Olsen Twins Can Help.
Their latest beauty launch is surprisingly effective.The Angelina Jolie of China on Fame and Power
A rare interview with activist actress Yao Chen.Mindy Kaling’s Book Is Full of Beauty Wisdom
Six of our favorite insights.How to Look Amazing in Under 10 Minutes
A makeup artist's everyday skin routine.