• The Italian government plans to introduce legislation that would make it illegal for girls under age 18 to get breast-enhancement surgery. Officials decided to create the law after an increase in the number of cases involving accidents during operations. Should the U.S. follow suit? [Telegraph UK]
• Salma Hayek swapped her long locks for a sleek and shiny new bob. What do you think of her new style? [StyleList]
• American Apparel CEO Dov Charney sent out an e-mail to all employees informing them of how they must groom their eyebrows, suggesting Brooke Shields's brows as a template to follow. So lamé leggings are okay, but overly tweezed brows aren't? [Jezebel]
• Not only is the protagonist of the new Disney movie the first black Disney princess, she's also the first one to have curly hair. [Time]
• The cast of Jersey Shore shared their beauty and hair secrets with People (because everyone's just dying to emulate them). While Nicole, a.k.a. Snooki, admits to wearing full makeup to the gym, the best token of wisdom comes from D.J. Pauly D, on hair: "It takes me twenty-five minutes to get it right. Greatness takes time, and this hair right here is greatness." Our brain hurts. [StyleWatch/People]
• While hand sanitizer is great for preventing swine flu, it turns out it's not so great for your nails. Waterless sanitizers are the biggest cause of increased brittleness in nails, as the alcohol in the products dries them out. But be careful when using moisturizer to combat the problem — fragranced hand lotions can cause the same problem. [Beauty Brains]
• Here is a roundup of all the green nail polishes inspired by Chanel Jade (which apparently chips quite easily). And unlike Jade, the alternatives are easy to find. [FabSugar UK]
Most Viewed Stories
Ask Polly: I Overshared My Way Out of a Boyfriend!
Why Did Everyone Act Like I Was Crazy When I Decided to Have a Baby in My 20s?
Rereading The Handmaid’s Tale, One Month Into the Trump Era
What, Exactly, Are Melania and Ivanka Trump Trying to Sell?
Please Enjoy This Juicy Mystery About a Woman Cheating in a Half-Marathon
Kellyanne Conway Was Honestly Too Busy House Hunting to Appear on TV
Malia Obama Went to the Club
The Supreme-Branded Metrocard Is Here
Lululemon’s Former CEO Really Needs His Own Bravo Show
Reese Witherspoon Is the Type-A Hero of Big Little Lies
The Cut’s Latest Beauty FeaturesThis Is How You Wear Pajamas to Work
The chicest look from day one of Milan Fashion Week.The Best Street Style From Milan Fashion Week
Hari Nef’s dog wore Gucci.Kellyanne Conway Is Still Trying to Convince America That Trump Is Good for Women
Her CPAC interview was a weird form of doublethink.Casey Affleck Finally Addresses the Horrors of Circuses
The Oscars are four days away.Watch the Prada Livestream
Enjoy!How Much Will a Pet Actually Cost Me?
The truth hurts.Bucs Quarterback Jameis Winston Encourages Elementary School Girls to Be Silent, Polite, and Gentle
Not your most obvious choice for a motivational speaker.Condé Nast Is Selling a $13.99 Special-Edition Magazine About the Women’s March
It’s titled “Rise Up! The Women’s Marches Around the World.”Tour Brooklyn’s Newest Ecofriendly Boutique Hotel
Sustainable design with water views and a hydroponic wall garden.Read Activist Janet Mock’s Love Letter to Transgender Students
“I just want you to remember that this is your school too.”
She claims she wasn’t sidelined by the White House.Get Ready for Kanye Makeup
It’ll probably be weird.Rereading The Handmaid’s Tale, One Month Into the Trump Era
Margaret Atwood’s dystopian novel, suddenly fresh again.Talking to Fashion’s First Hijab-Wearing (and Braces-Wearing) Model
Why she’s keeping her braces on.Watch the Emilio Pucci Livestream
Enjoy!Woman Turned Away From Budapest Festival Orchestra Show at Lincoln Center for Wearing Anti-Trump Sign
The incident raises questions about the theater’s role as a political space.9 Very Important Ways to Use Instagram’s New Album Feature
Recipes, your new stop-motion side hustle, polls …Why Did Everyone Act Like I Was Crazy When I Decided to Have a Baby in My 20s?
“Don’t you think you’re too young to have a kid?” my friends would ask.25 Famous Women on Style As Identity
Diana Vreeland, Solange Knowles, Patti Smith, and more women on why getting dressed is about who you are.Trump Administration Revokes Guidelines Aimed at Protecting Transgender Students
The previous guidelines under the Obama administration ensured that transgender students had a right to use the bathroom of their choice.