Model Abbey Lee Kershaw has not had the best of luck on the runways. First the 22-year-old fell at Rodarte's spring 2009 show because of the dangerous shoes. Then she fainted at Alexander McQueen's spring 2009 show because her corset was too tight. And in February she almost fell at Rodarte again, injured her knee, and was forced to sit the rest of the season out. Now wise to the sheer brutality of wearing clothes and walking in them before a world audience, Abbey is putting herself first. For wearing clothes may be her job, but a death wish she has not. Frockwriter reports that Abbey, Sasha Pivovarova, and Natasha Poly took one look at McQueen's spring 2010 Alien shoes and declined to walk the show. If you watch the video, you can see how the girls who can't walk very quickly in the shoes look — even behind their prosthetic cheeks and spooky makeup — like they want to cry.
Wish List: Nicholas Kirkwood’s Bondage Heels
Happy Birthday, Joan Didion!
Will Nixing ‘Fashion Bloggers’ Fix Fashion Week?
- See Sexy Seventies Glamour From American Hustle
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 20 Days to Go!
- An Homage to the Lovely, Feisty Barbara Stanwyck
- Wish List: Nicholas Kirkwood’s Bondage Heels
- Kids Struggle With Platonic Friendship, Too
- Victorian Moms Creepin’ in Photo Portraits
- 16 Pretty Finds in Pantone's Radiant Orchid
- Happy Birthday, Joan Didion!
- Will Nixing ‘Fashion Bloggers’ Fix Fashion Week?
- Date Miley Cyrus by Dressing Exactly Like Her
- Kim and Kanye Deny Versailles Wedding
- Jessica Hart, Kim, Kanye & More at Art Basel
- Best Bet: Hive and Honey Military Twill Pants
- Cressida Bonas’s Baby Book: What Does It Mean?
- Who Knows What Men Want on OkCupid?