• Rosie O'Donnell is under fire after saying on television that she "lives to tan" and that "exposure to the sun isn't dangerous." The Ray Festa Melanoma Foundation argued that the comments were "irresponsible" and wants her to make a public-service announcement retracting her comments. [Page Six/NYP]
• Scientists at Australia's Queensland Institute of Medical Research have discovered that the gene that develops the hair follicle is also responsible for how curly or straight your hair is. Doctors will now be able to predict the texture of a baby's hair in advance, and some scientists may work to develop a hair-straightening pill to replace metal and ceramic straighteners. [Telegraph UK]
• Mark Salling, better known as Puck on Glee, hates his signature do. "I'm so over the Mohawk," he said. "It was cool for a while, but ... I feel better when I don't have it." Even hot jocks are self-conscious! [People StyleWatch]
• Diane Kruger is the new international spokesperson for L'Oréal Paris. So, tell your friends? [InStyle UK]
• Sephora is placing twenty vending machines in small JCPenney stores around the country that hold 50 of the store's most popular products, including items from Bare Escentuals, Smashbox, and Philosophy. The machines take credit and debit cards and are made by ZoomSystems, the company that designed the Proactiv and Best Buy vending machines seen in airports. JCPenney plans to evaluate the machines' performances in the spring. [WWD]
• Drugstore makeup brand of your youth Wet 'n Wild is getting a makeover for 2010. The products now feature sleek, more sophisticated packaging and revamped formulas, with the same low price of $1.99 to $4.99. New blue eyeshadow for everyone! [Stylelist]
• Jewelry designer Tarina Tarantino is launching a makeup line to be sold exclusively at Sephora. Products include Sparklicity Shimmer Dust and Eye Dream Hypershadow, complete with gem-encrusted packaging. The line will be available in February. [Beauty & the Blog]
Most Viewed Stories
Why Everyone Loves the Alpha Girl
Will We Abandon Women’s Rights in the Name of Progressive Politics?
When Women Pursue Sex, Even Men Don’t Get It
Is This the Weirdest Taylor Swift Romance Rumor Yet?
Why Are All the Gays Still Obsessed With Big Little Lies?
Steve Bannon Unironically Referred to Megyn Kelly As ‘The Devil’
A Funny Thing Happens When Women Begin to Outearn Their Husbands
The 26-Year-Old Couch-Surfing After a Breakup
Girlboss Will Make You Nostalgic, But Maybe Not in a Good Way
Here’s Chelsea Clinton Responding to an Awkward Joke About Her Mom
The Cut’s Latest Beauty FeaturesConservative Pundit Accuses Sean Hannity of Sexual Harassment
“This kind of stuff is all over the place at Fox News,” said Debbie Schlussel, in case that wasn’t already clear.Gigi Hadid’s Family Celebrated Her Birthday By Bringing Out The Baby Pictures
She was just as cute as you imagine.Can We Finally, Officially, Say That Amber Heard and Elon Musk Are Dating?
Yes — that Elon Musk.The 26-Year-Old Couch-Surfing After a Breakup
This week’s sex diary.Remembering Fashion Photographer James Moore
A new book revisits some of his most influential work for Harper’s Bazaar.Richard Simmons Writes Post-Hospitalization Facebook Update
Simmons thanked the nurses and doctors who took care of him, and the officer who helped him home.Wonder Woman Director Patty Jenkins Is Trying to Make This Woman’s Wish Come True
Director Patty Jenkins is trying hard to make one terminally ill woman’s wish to see Wonder Woman come true before it opens on June 2.Runner Kelly Roberts Snagged a Royal Selfie During the London Marathon
The runner and blogger got a mid-marathon selfie with Prince Harry, Prince William, and Kate Middleton.CNN Anchor Alisyn Camerota Was Also Sexually Harassed by Roger Ailes
“I was embarrassed, and it is sort of humiliating.”Here’s Chelsea Clinton Responding to an Awkward Joke About Her Mom
Things got awkward at Variety’s Power of Women luncheon.
Sources say seven more employees will join the suit next week.This Chicago Artist Crowdfunded His Plagiarized Michelle Obama Mural
Female artist Gelila Lila Mesfin originally painted Michelle Obama as an Egyptian queen before Chris Devins used it for a mural in Chicago.Serena Williams and Alexis Ohanian Are Taking a Well-Deserved Vacation
Dare we say … a babymoon?Caitlyn Jenner Confirms She’s Had Her ‘Final’ Sex-Reassignment Surgery
She appeared on 20/20 with Diane Sawyer Friday night.Elisabeth Moss Isn’t Convinced The Handmaid’s Tale Is Feminist
“It’s a human story, because women’s rights are human rights.”Steve Bannon Unironically Referred to Megyn Kelly As ‘The Devil’
In a conversation with Roger Ailes, of all people.Rosario Dawson Is Happy to Be Publicly Dating Eric Andre, But Would Be Happier If Tongue Pics Had Not Been Required As Proof
They journal together, for heaven’s sake.Pregnant Beyoncé Came to Slay in New Instagram Photos
Take that, haters.Is This the Weirdest Taylor Swift Romance Rumor Yet?
This tech CEO declared he’s not dating Taylor Swift, thank you very much.American Airlines Apologizes for Flight-Attendant Incident With Mom and Stroller
Things get tense over a baby stroller in this viral video.