• More than 40 boutiques and businesses on Grand Street in Williamsburg are participating in the Grand Street Adventure. Stores along Grand will be displaying farolitos (votives in paper bags) and offering various discounts, treats, and drinks. Click here for a list of participating retailers. 12/11 and 12/18. Grand Street, between Marcy Ave. and Kent Ave., Williamsburg, Brooklyn; 6–9.
• Circa Now, Samantha Pleet, and Carlen Altman of Jewish Rosaries are hosting a party and shopping event to celebrate the first night of the Festival of Lights. Circa Now merchandise is 20 percent off, and jewelry by Jewish Rosaries is 15 percent off. Mulled wine and minced pies will be served. Circa Now, 238 E. 6th St., nr. Second Ave. (212-254-2555); 6–9.
• Drop by the Hurley by Pendleton pop-up shop at Saturdays Surf to check out the new limited-edition Hurley by Pendleton flannel Boardshirt. The shirt will be available until January 4. 31 Crosby St., nr. Grand St. (212-966-7875); M–F (8:30–7), S–Su (10–7).
• Brooklyn Collective and General Nightmare Antiques are hosting a holiday event, featuring more than twenty local artists and designers. Wine and refreshments will be served. 196 Columbia St., nr. Sackett St. (718-596-6231); 7–midnight.
• Select merchandise is 85 percent off at the Ports 1961 sample sale. Coats are $75, jackets are $40, tops are $20, and shoes are $75. Through 12/11. 601 W. 26th St., nr. Eleventh Ave., Ste. 875; 11–7.
• Various clothing and accessories are 50 percent off at First Among Equals during the holiday sale. Through 12/31. 177 Orchard St., nr. Stanton St. (212-253-2202); M–F (1–9), S–Su (noon–8).
• Merchandise from Diane Von Furstenberg is up to 75 percent off at the sample sale. New merchandise will be arriving throughout the week. 260 Fifth Ave., nr. 28th St.; T (9–6:30), W (10–8), Th (10–7), F (9–3).
• Cashmere, cashmere-blend, and cotton apparel is up to 75 percent off at the Autumn Cashmere sample sale. 231 W. 39th St., nr. Seventh Ave., Ste. 924 (212-398-2244); M–F (9–6).
• Find deals on denim at the James Jeans sample sale. Jeggings are $80 (originally $180), straight- and skinny-leg styles are $80 (originally $180), boot-cut styles are $70 to $80, and one-of-a-kind samples are $15 to $50. 500 Greenwich St., nr. Spring St., Ste. 202 (212-221-4603); T–Th (9:30–7:30), F (9:30–2).
• Alice + Olivia is hosting a sample sale. Party dresses are $179 (originally $440), fall pants are $99 (originally $297), and tops are $89 (originally $242). 80 W. 40th St., at Sixth Ave. (212-840-0887); T–F (8–8).
• Prices range from $25 to $195 at the Miguelina sample sale. Blouses are $55 to $195, dresses are $150 to $300, and bags and accessories are $10 to $50. 20 W. 36th St., nr. Sixth Ave. (212-290-2996, ext. 301); W–F (8–8).
• Women's ready-to-wear from the current and past seasons is discounted at the Proenza Schouler fall 2009 sample sale. Prices range from $100 to $1,450 (originally $435 to $5,800). 495 Broadway, nr. Broome St.; Th–F (8:30–6:30).
• Cashmere, wool, silk, and alpaca sweaters and accessories for women are $150 and less at the Lutz & Patmos sale. The cashmere Cocoon cardigan is $125 (originally $495), the double-knit coat is $150 (originally $650), and cashmere scarves are $50 (originally $195). 425 W. 13th St., nr. Ninth Ave., Ste. 401 (212-463-9110); Th–F (11–7).
• Select womenswear, menswear, and accessories from fall/winter 2009 are 30 to 50 percent off at Opening Ceremony. The men's Opening Ceremony suede cardigan is $476 (originally $680), the women's Boy by Band of Outsiders cropped-sleeve trench is $900 (originally $1,285), and the Jeremy Scott for Adidas JS3 Tongue sneakers are $154 (originally $220). 35 Howard St., nr. Broadway (212-219-2688); M–S (11–8), Su (noon–7).
Most Viewed Stories
It’s Harder to Be Thin Than It Was in the ’80s
Why Do I Jerk Awake Right As I’m Falling Asleep?
From Up Close, Raf Simons’s Vision for Dior Is Clear
Michelle Obama: No Boy Is Cute Enough to Keep You From Getting an Education
A Pregnant Supermodel Explains What She Eats
The World’s Easiest Way to Highlight Your Face
Meet the Prom Queen of Instagram
Selfie Sorority Uses Media Frenzy for Good Cause
‘Truly Ugly Guy With Glasses’ Is Europe’s Most Virile Man
Stop Time-Traveling to Such Lame Eras, Losers
From Our Partners
The Day I Told The Ugly Truth About My Marriage
Who What Wear
The Zara Outfit Every Girl In New York City Is Wearing
Next Week/This Week: Watching the Watchmen
How Demi Lovato Embraced This Body “Problem” We All Have
powered by PubExchange
The Cut’s Latest Shopping FeaturesCool Cocktail Dresses Inspired by the Philippines
From the up-and-comers behind Mestiza.Treat-Yourself Friday: A Utilitarian Leather Jacket
Perfect for the unpredictable weather.38 Pairs of Boots to Buy This Fall
Because pedicure season is finally over.41 Downright-Gorgeous New Pieces for Your Home
From kingly bedding to froggy rugs to Georg Jensen glass.5 Discerning New Yorkers on Their Favorite Finds for the Home
Project Runway’s Tim Gunn, celebrity stylist June Ambrose, and more choose the city’s finest boutiques, furniture restorers, specialty shops, designers, and cleaners.Marni’s Fabulously Shaggy Winter Coats Are Here
Fluffy and fantastic.18 of the Best Fall Jackets Under $300
Welcome to layering season.Cheap Thrill: COS’s Wide-Leg Pants
A versatile transition piece.Outfit of the Week: Light Fall Layers
No jacket needed.37 Great Basics for Updating Your Wardrobe This Fall
The best work-friendly pieces, the perfect trench, and everything else you need right now.
A playful take on the trend.Balenciaga’s New Shoes Are a ’90s Dream
Angela Chase would approve.Altuzarra’s First Bags Debut at Barneys New York
Introducing the Ghianda collection.115 Ways to Scream ‘Status’
The thing to have right now if you’re an Italian chef, an Upper East Side lady, a leather daddy, or a Dalton senior. (We know because we asked.)Cheap Thrill: Kenzo’s Flirty Pleated Skirt
A go-with-everything skirt on sale.Outfit of the Week: A Work-Friendly Combo
The ideal pieces to wear as we head into fall.Winter Doomsday Preppers: This Coat Is for You
Warm, fuzzy, and a street-style hit.Spring 2016 Runway Trends to Buy Now
Who wants to wait until next year?The Start-up Helping You Cash In on Designer Bags
So you don't have the hassle of another consignment store.Outfit of the Week: A Cool, Office-Friendly Look
It's all in the skirt details.