• More than 40 boutiques and businesses on Grand Street in Williamsburg are participating in the Grand Street Adventure. Stores along Grand will be displaying farolitos (votives in paper bags) and offering various discounts, treats, and drinks. Click here for a list of participating retailers. 12/11 and 12/18. Grand Street, between Marcy Ave. and Kent Ave., Williamsburg, Brooklyn; 6–9.
• Circa Now, Samantha Pleet, and Carlen Altman of Jewish Rosaries are hosting a party and shopping event to celebrate the first night of the Festival of Lights. Circa Now merchandise is 20 percent off, and jewelry by Jewish Rosaries is 15 percent off. Mulled wine and minced pies will be served. Circa Now, 238 E. 6th St., nr. Second Ave. (212-254-2555); 6–9.
• Drop by the Hurley by Pendleton pop-up shop at Saturdays Surf to check out the new limited-edition Hurley by Pendleton flannel Boardshirt. The shirt will be available until January 4. 31 Crosby St., nr. Grand St. (212-966-7875); M–F (8:30–7), S–Su (10–7).
• Brooklyn Collective and General Nightmare Antiques are hosting a holiday event, featuring more than twenty local artists and designers. Wine and refreshments will be served. 196 Columbia St., nr. Sackett St. (718-596-6231); 7–midnight.
• Select merchandise is 85 percent off at the Ports 1961 sample sale. Coats are $75, jackets are $40, tops are $20, and shoes are $75. Through 12/11. 601 W. 26th St., nr. Eleventh Ave., Ste. 875; 11–7.
• Various clothing and accessories are 50 percent off at First Among Equals during the holiday sale. Through 12/31. 177 Orchard St., nr. Stanton St. (212-253-2202); M–F (1–9), S–Su (noon–8).
• Merchandise from Diane Von Furstenberg is up to 75 percent off at the sample sale. New merchandise will be arriving throughout the week. 260 Fifth Ave., nr. 28th St.; T (9–6:30), W (10–8), Th (10–7), F (9–3).
• Cashmere, cashmere-blend, and cotton apparel is up to 75 percent off at the Autumn Cashmere sample sale. 231 W. 39th St., nr. Seventh Ave., Ste. 924 (212-398-2244); M–F (9–6).
• Find deals on denim at the James Jeans sample sale. Jeggings are $80 (originally $180), straight- and skinny-leg styles are $80 (originally $180), boot-cut styles are $70 to $80, and one-of-a-kind samples are $15 to $50. 500 Greenwich St., nr. Spring St., Ste. 202 (212-221-4603); T–Th (9:30–7:30), F (9:30–2).
• Alice + Olivia is hosting a sample sale. Party dresses are $179 (originally $440), fall pants are $99 (originally $297), and tops are $89 (originally $242). 80 W. 40th St., at Sixth Ave. (212-840-0887); T–F (8–8).
• Prices range from $25 to $195 at the Miguelina sample sale. Blouses are $55 to $195, dresses are $150 to $300, and bags and accessories are $10 to $50. 20 W. 36th St., nr. Sixth Ave. (212-290-2996, ext. 301); W–F (8–8).
• Women's ready-to-wear from the current and past seasons is discounted at the Proenza Schouler fall 2009 sample sale. Prices range from $100 to $1,450 (originally $435 to $5,800). 495 Broadway, nr. Broome St.; Th–F (8:30–6:30).
• Cashmere, wool, silk, and alpaca sweaters and accessories for women are $150 and less at the Lutz & Patmos sale. The cashmere Cocoon cardigan is $125 (originally $495), the double-knit coat is $150 (originally $650), and cashmere scarves are $50 (originally $195). 425 W. 13th St., nr. Ninth Ave., Ste. 401 (212-463-9110); Th–F (11–7).
• Select womenswear, menswear, and accessories from fall/winter 2009 are 30 to 50 percent off at Opening Ceremony. The men's Opening Ceremony suede cardigan is $476 (originally $680), the women's Boy by Band of Outsiders cropped-sleeve trench is $900 (originally $1,285), and the Jeremy Scott for Adidas JS3 Tongue sneakers are $154 (originally $220). 35 Howard St., nr. Broadway (212-219-2688); M–S (11–8), Su (noon–7).
Most Viewed Stories
Brad Pitt Fights Back Against Angelina Jolie and Her Plot to ‘Destroy’ Him
Looks Like Kate Middleton Is Enjoying the View in Canada
Trump Campaign Manager Accidentally Refers to His ‘Abuse’ of Women on Live TV
Megyn Kelly Roasts Trump’s Campaign Manager for Claiming He Doesn’t Make Sexist Comments
What It’s Like to Be a Female Reporter Covering Donald Trump
Finally Someone Called Donald Trump a Giant Baby and It Was Michelle Obama
22 Intimate Lost Photos of Marilyn Monroe
The Best Part of Being a Royal Is Getting to Pet Bunnies
Prince Married to Commoner Still Too Good to Tweet
Democratic Women Senators Are Very Concerned About Donald Trump’s Weight
From Our Partners
powered by PubExchange
The Cut’s Latest Shopping FeaturesHow to Wear a Pink Suit
That millennial-friendly color strikes again.Cheap Thrill: A Frilled Tomato-Red Jumpsuit
Saucy.14 Things on Sale You’ll Actually Want to Buy: From a Backpack to a Bralette
This week, we dug through the darkest, deepest depths of the internet and found a back-to-school-worthy backpack and a $30 mint-green lamp.Treat Yourself: This Ring Will Make You Feel Like a Boss
A defense against impostor syndrome.Back-to-School Shopping Guide: The College Years
From fuzzy pillows to flatware.The 11 Best Pieces to Buy at Avenue 32’s Sale
Deep discounts, up to 80 percent off.Could These Be the Best Workout Leggings?
Meet the high-waisted version of ADAY's perpetually sold-out Throw and Roll leggings.The Perfect Summer Blanket Is Here
Never wake up in another night sweat again.Cheap Thrill: a Summer Dress You’ll Want to Wear Every Day
For work and weekend.How to Wear Two Bright Colors Together
Marigold and acid-green actually go together really well.
Grunge and glam had a baby together, and it's this clutch.Drake’s Is Now Collaborating With J.Crew
The British menswear brand, not the rapper.13 Basics on Sale, From a T-Shirt to a Tea Kettle
Here, some simple things on super-sale.Here’s Another Way to Get That Vetements Look
Champion's Reverse Weave collection is now sold on SSENSE.10 Bodysuits to Tuck Into Pretty Much Everything
Wear them with mom jeans, high-waisted skirts, work pants ...How to Make Your Work Clothes Less Boring
Take some liberties with this cool Tory Burch skirt.You Can Now Wear Your Succulents on Your Fingers
With the 13-piece Cactus de Cartier collection.Vivienne Westwood’s New York Debut, Unexpected Pool Floats, and a ’70s-Inspired Record Store
What's new in New York stores.Treat Yourself: A Bubblegum-Pink Varsity Jacket
Get one for everyone in your girl gang.9 Ways to Make Your Summer Wardrobe Less Boring
Don't freak out. Buy one of these nine things instead.