• More than 40 boutiques and businesses on Grand Street in Williamsburg are participating in the Grand Street Adventure. Stores along Grand will be displaying farolitos (votives in paper bags) and offering various discounts, treats, and drinks. Click here for a list of participating retailers. 12/11 and 12/18. Grand Street, between Marcy Ave. and Kent Ave., Williamsburg, Brooklyn; 6–9.
• Circa Now, Samantha Pleet, and Carlen Altman of Jewish Rosaries are hosting a party and shopping event to celebrate the first night of the Festival of Lights. Circa Now merchandise is 20 percent off, and jewelry by Jewish Rosaries is 15 percent off. Mulled wine and minced pies will be served. Circa Now, 238 E. 6th St., nr. Second Ave. (212-254-2555); 6–9.
• Drop by the Hurley by Pendleton pop-up shop at Saturdays Surf to check out the new limited-edition Hurley by Pendleton flannel Boardshirt. The shirt will be available until January 4. 31 Crosby St., nr. Grand St. (212-966-7875); M–F (8:30–7), S–Su (10–7).
• Brooklyn Collective and General Nightmare Antiques are hosting a holiday event, featuring more than twenty local artists and designers. Wine and refreshments will be served. 196 Columbia St., nr. Sackett St. (718-596-6231); 7–midnight.
• Select merchandise is 85 percent off at the Ports 1961 sample sale. Coats are $75, jackets are $40, tops are $20, and shoes are $75. Through 12/11. 601 W. 26th St., nr. Eleventh Ave., Ste. 875; 11–7.
• Various clothing and accessories are 50 percent off at First Among Equals during the holiday sale. Through 12/31. 177 Orchard St., nr. Stanton St. (212-253-2202); M–F (1–9), S–Su (noon–8).
• Merchandise from Diane Von Furstenberg is up to 75 percent off at the sample sale. New merchandise will be arriving throughout the week. 260 Fifth Ave., nr. 28th St.; T (9–6:30), W (10–8), Th (10–7), F (9–3).
• Cashmere, cashmere-blend, and cotton apparel is up to 75 percent off at the Autumn Cashmere sample sale. 231 W. 39th St., nr. Seventh Ave., Ste. 924 (212-398-2244); M–F (9–6).
• Find deals on denim at the James Jeans sample sale. Jeggings are $80 (originally $180), straight- and skinny-leg styles are $80 (originally $180), boot-cut styles are $70 to $80, and one-of-a-kind samples are $15 to $50. 500 Greenwich St., nr. Spring St., Ste. 202 (212-221-4603); T–Th (9:30–7:30), F (9:30–2).
• Alice + Olivia is hosting a sample sale. Party dresses are $179 (originally $440), fall pants are $99 (originally $297), and tops are $89 (originally $242). 80 W. 40th St., at Sixth Ave. (212-840-0887); T–F (8–8).
• Prices range from $25 to $195 at the Miguelina sample sale. Blouses are $55 to $195, dresses are $150 to $300, and bags and accessories are $10 to $50. 20 W. 36th St., nr. Sixth Ave. (212-290-2996, ext. 301); W–F (8–8).
• Women's ready-to-wear from the current and past seasons is discounted at the Proenza Schouler fall 2009 sample sale. Prices range from $100 to $1,450 (originally $435 to $5,800). 495 Broadway, nr. Broome St.; Th–F (8:30–6:30).
• Cashmere, wool, silk, and alpaca sweaters and accessories for women are $150 and less at the Lutz & Patmos sale. The cashmere Cocoon cardigan is $125 (originally $495), the double-knit coat is $150 (originally $650), and cashmere scarves are $50 (originally $195). 425 W. 13th St., nr. Ninth Ave., Ste. 401 (212-463-9110); Th–F (11–7).
• Select womenswear, menswear, and accessories from fall/winter 2009 are 30 to 50 percent off at Opening Ceremony. The men's Opening Ceremony suede cardigan is $476 (originally $680), the women's Boy by Band of Outsiders cropped-sleeve trench is $900 (originally $1,285), and the Jeremy Scott for Adidas JS3 Tongue sneakers are $154 (originally $220). 35 Howard St., nr. Broadway (212-219-2688); M–S (11–8), Su (noon–7).