• The American Society of Plastic Surgeons reports that using liposuctioned fat for breast augmentation is safe, reversing its twenty-year stance against the procedure. Doctors previously had expressed concern that the calcium deposits that can occur from the procedure would lead to incorrectly read mammograms. [NYT]
• Katy Perry debuted new short bangs at the Grammy nominations last night. What do you think of the look? [Girls in the Beauty Department/Glamour]
• New hair-care line HerCut takes a new approach to hair products, sorting them by haircut rather than hair type. The line offers formulas for bobs, long layers, blunt cuts, shag cuts, and pixie cuts. It's available on Sephora.com now and will reach stores in February. [Fashionista]
• A British survey found that Chanel No. 5 is the scent most likely to attract a mate. Superdrug's poll of 3,000 women found that one in ten testers were able to find a date while wearing the perfume. [Grazia UK]
• Cartier is releasing a set of luxury fragrances dubbed Les Heures du Parfum (translation: the Hours of Perfume). The first five, out of a future total of thirteen, are out now and include I ("the Promising Hour"), VI ("the Shining Hour"), X ("the Crazy Hour"), XII ("the Mysterious Hour"), and XIII ("the Thirteenth Hour"). The company plans to release two each year in non-chronological order. [Independent UK]
• Jennifer Lopez plans to launch J Lo Blue Glow in February, to compliment J Lo Glow. The fruity, floral fragrance will also be available in a body lotion. [Now Smell This]
• There's a new website called popthatzit.com, featuring various photos and videos of people popping their own (and others') pimples. Keep these things to yourselves, kids. [Beauty Blogging Junkie]
Most Viewed Stories
Aubrey Plaza Is Currently Serving Up the Most Terrifying Performance on TV
The Only Woman Mike Pence Is Allowed to Eat Alone With Is His Wife
Bobbi Brown on Why She Really Left Her Brand and Resisted Making a Contour Palette, and Her Next Moves
The Makeup Police Have Come to Arrest Alicia Keys
Ali Wong Loves Kondo-ing So Much, She Named Her Daughter After It
All the Things Women Are Doing Wrong
Kris Jenner Is Reportedly Trying to Find Time to Break Up With Corey Gamble
Why Millennial Pink Refuses to Go Away
Ask Polly: My Friend Says I’m Always Competing With Her for Men!
Maxine Waters on Why She Decided ‘to Take the Gloves Off and Go for It’
The Cut’s Latest Beauty FeaturesJustin Theroux Bought a Piñata for Jennifer Aniston But There Was No Candy
High crimes in the piñata department.Chris Evans Has Only Nice, Beautiful Things to Say About Jenny Slate
“It’s like an art form talking with her.”Where Did Victoria Beckham’s Smile Go?
The fashion industry is apparently to blame.Michelle Kwan’s Husband Filed for Divorce
The two married in 2013.See Fashion Insiders Revisit Their Most Regrettable Outfits
Linda Fargo, Cipriana Quann, Molly Shannon, and more recall their fashion mishaps.New Arkansas Law Requires Doctors to ‘Investigate’ Women Seeking Abortions
HB 1434 purports to ban sex-selection abortions, but requires doctors to go through women’s medical records.Ivanka Trump Will Become an Official White House Employee After All
Her title will be “special assistant to the president.”Chelsea Clinton Says She’s Definitely Not Running for Office
Despite rumors.Bill Cosby Is Trying to Have Damning Testimony About Drugging Women Left Out of His Sexual-Assault Trial
His lawyers say using the testimony would contradict an earlier ruling.The Many Looks of Roger Stone
A new Netflix documentary showcases several outfits from the Trump adviser and infamous political strategist.
My own clothes are so dreary in comparison.Marissa Alexander Fired a Warning Shot at Her Abusive Husband and Was Sentenced to 20 Years. Now She’s Free.
Seven years after her controversial case, Marissa Alexander talks life in prison, domestic violence, and moving on.Melania Trump Gave a Rare Speech About …Women’s Empowerment
She didn’t mention her husband or his administration.The U.S. Women’s Hockey Team Won Their Fight for Fair Pay. Here’s What Needs to Happen Next.
Male athletes need to put their money where their mouths are.Models Open Up About the Mistreatment They’ve Faced in the Industry
They shared their stories, both anonymous and on the record, with Models.com.You Can Barely Tell the Difference Between Cristiano Ronaldo and His New Bronze Statue
A spitting image.Hillary Clinton Has a New Rhyming Mantra
Clinton gave her first major postelection speech on Tuesday.Maxine Waters on Why She Decided ‘to Take the Gloves Off and Go for It’
The California Congresswoman didn’t plan to go head-to-head with Trump — but now she’s committed to stopping him.Alabama Just Became the Third State to Give Parents Baby Boxes
Just 47 more states to go.J.W.Anderson Is Uniqlo’s Next Big-Name Collaborator
His British-heritage-inspired line arrives this fall.