Italian menswear company Canali has been making some of the world's best suits for 75 years. After three generations, the Canali family is still devoted to creating the finest in Italian clothing and accessories, and investing in quality is the smart way to dress now. Here are five reasons we love this classic house.
1. The tailoring is superior.
2. The textiles are outstanding, and most are exclusive to them.
3. Love that they make 1,400 suits and 1,600 pairs of trousers a day. Clearly, practice makes perfect.
4. Because everything is done in their own factories in Italy, the quality is assured.
5. Although expensive, these suits are built to last.
Three-piece suit, $1,995.00 at Canali, 25 Broad St., at Exchange Place; 212-842-8700; www.canali.it.