Designers want more than peace, love, and happiness this holiday season. Like material things! So we asked several designers: If you could receive one item this Christmas, what would it be? Scroll down for their answers.
Francisco Costa, women's creative director, Calvin Klein: "A painting by artist Christopher Brooks, a first edition of Robert Mapplethorpe's Flowers book, a Calvin Klein Collection black wool and cashmere slash pocket overcoat, and black super-soft cashmere scarf."
Rodarte's Kate Mulleavy: "Antique red and white glass mushroom tree ornaments." And Laura Mulleavy: "A velveteen rabbit."
Michael Kors: "A large Jackson Pollack painting, my own island, and a diary free of appointments."
Jason Wu: "I have always been a huge fan of Rene Gruau. In fact, when I was young I first aspired to be an illustrator. To this day, his use of bold colors and dramatic strokes inspire many of my collections. It would be amazing to locate an original print!"
Donna Karan: "TIME OFF ... "
Alexander Wang: "A really big bathroom in my new apartment!"
Maria Cornejo: "A George Sherlock sofa for the living room."
Christian Louboutin: "Barry Diller’s plane."
Narciso Rodriguez: "A set of small and large bronze egg vases and lanterns from Ted Muehling."
Tim Hamilton: "I would love a vacation to somewhere remote like the Maldives or the Caribbean."
Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 17 Days to Go!
- Rebecca Black Finally Made It to ‘Saturday’
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 18 Days to Go!
- The Best of the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- The 11 Best Pre-Fall 2014 Looks (So Far)
- See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
- Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Decoding the Campy, Disheveled Girls Poster
- Burn After Reading: 2013 Holiday Candle Guide
- Time Editor Is a One-Woman Paycheck Fairness Act
- Facebook Could Add a ‘Sympathize’ Button
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 19 Days to Go!
- Decoding Drew’s Nails to Learn About Her Womb
- Messy-Haired Sky Ferreira: New Face of Redken