• The number of women requesting collagen injections for their feet has increased fivefold in the past year, according to doctors in England. The injections make heels less painful to wear. The procedure costs £240, or about $390. Would you shell out that dough to make your shoes more comfortable?
[Daily Mail UK]
• It's old news that having a dog or cat can reduce your stress levels, but apparently pets can lessen your wrinkles, too! Studies show that people relax their faces when talking to their pets, especially around the eyes, thus helping to soften crow's feet. Best excuse for getting a dog we've heard yet.
[Girls in the Beauty Department/Glamour]
• Eight eyebrow threaders in Texas are suing the state over a law that says they must go to cosmetology school and get licensed. The threaders are arguing that the training is unnecessary, as the cosmetology courses do not teach threading techniques. [BellaSugar]
• Winged eye makeup was in at KISS FM's Jingle Ball in Los Angeles this Saturday, with Gossip Girl's Leighton Meester and The Hills' Kristin Cavallari and Stephanie Pratt all rocking the look. Think they pulled it off? [FabSugar UK]
• HSN will bring in a new well-known name in February, as Purple Lab takes to the network to offer its best-seller, Huge Lips, Skinny Hips lip gloss. Until then, Purple Lab is hosting an online model search, the winner of which will appear on HSN with the brand's founder, Karen Robinovitz, to sell the gloss and five other products.
• Nail polish's shelf life is only two years, says Dashing Diva's head nail tech Pattie Yankee. Contrary to popular belief, refrigeration won't extend your polish's life, either. Use up that bottle of Chanel Jade before it goes bad, kids. [Beauty Counter/Style.com]
• The 2010 edition of Fragrances of the World, otherwise known as "the fragrance Bible," will be released in January. Author Michael Edwards's 26th edition of the book includes more than 7,000 fragrances, about 800 more scents than the previous edition listed. The book helps shoppers find perfumes they might want to try by using scents they already like. [Now Smell This]
Most Viewed Stories
Mary-Kate Olsen Strains Every Muscle in Her Face in an Attempt to Smile
The Fashion Executive Who Doesn’t Wear Underwear on Dates
25 Famous Women on Being Alone
22 Intimate Lost Photos of Marilyn Monroe
Prince George Has No Time for Justin Trudeau’s High Fives
How Angelina Jolie Won the First Big Battle in Her Divorce
It’s Time to Get Over Your White Feelings and Start Taking Action for Black Lives
The Will & Grace Reunion Was Intensely Documented for Social Media
Madame Clairevoyant: Horoscopes for the Week of September 26
Los Angeles Police Confirm Active Criminal Investigation Against Derrick Rose
From Our Partners
powered by PubExchange
The Cut’s Latest Beauty Features2009 Called — It Wants Its Vogue-Versus-Bloggers Fight Back.
Vogue called blogging “pathetic,” and bloggers were not pleased.I Can’t Believe I Like This Victoria’s Secret Beauty Product
And why you’ll love it, too.Cheap Thrill: The Perfect Pair of High-Waisted Jeans
Swedish denim label Dr. Denim is here to make denim shopping a lot easier.Vanderpump Rules Drama Is the Only Constant in This Crazy Thing We Call Life
Season five arrives on November 7.Emily Kinney on Life After The Walking Dead
Her new show Conviction premieres next Monday on ABC.5 Things on Sale That You’ll Actually Want to Buy: From Saint Laurent Jeans to an Isabel Marant Sweater
We dug through the internet to bring you some great deals.Here’s One Reason Why Women Are Underrepresented in Politics
It starts at the local level.Rob Kardashian Meets Chyna’s Parents and They All Take a Trip to a Strip Club
They also have a Fourth of July block party.My Favorite Fruit-Shaped Hand Cream Doubles As a Pill Holder
Can also hold gum, almonds, and paper-clips.Mary-Kate Olsen Strains Every Muscle in Her Face in an Attempt to Smile
It was a good effort.
Including an impromptu Weasley family look for a Potter-themed party.All It Took for Anti-Vaxxer to Admit She Was Wrong Was Her Entire Family Getting Sick
Rotavirus made her change her tune.Aparna Nancherla on Sad Girl Twitter, Period Tech, and Vocal Fry
The comedian has a new season of Womanhood coming out soon.Tom Hiddleston Caught Deep in Conversation With a Dog
Hiddleston's canine companions steal the show in his new Gucci ads.More of the Best Street Style From Milan Fashion Week
Sleeveless fur, seashell coats, and Jourdan Dunn in schoolgirl plaid.To the Eternal Relief of Amanda Chantal Bacon, Father John Misty Has Deactivated His Twitter and Instagram
Amanda Chantal Bacon’s good crystal vibes have worked in her favor.Decadent Jewels in the Midst of Destruction
Where diamonds and rubies collide with the grotesque.Desperate Tom Hanks Scours City in Search of Weddings to Crash
He’s at it again.A Brief Encounter With the Screaming Reality Stars of Marriage Boot Camp
Jim and Amber Marchese explain that alleged domestic-violence incident, while Jade and Tanner Tolbert promise to make more reality TV.Imagine Being Able to Get a Year’s Worth of Birth Control at Once
California women can, starting in January.