• The number of women requesting collagen injections for their feet has increased fivefold in the past year, according to doctors in England. The injections make heels less painful to wear. The procedure costs £240, or about $390. Would you shell out that dough to make your shoes more comfortable?
[Daily Mail UK]
• It's old news that having a dog or cat can reduce your stress levels, but apparently pets can lessen your wrinkles, too! Studies show that people relax their faces when talking to their pets, especially around the eyes, thus helping to soften crow's feet. Best excuse for getting a dog we've heard yet.
[Girls in the Beauty Department/Glamour]
• Eight eyebrow threaders in Texas are suing the state over a law that says they must go to cosmetology school and get licensed. The threaders are arguing that the training is unnecessary, as the cosmetology courses do not teach threading techniques. [BellaSugar]
• Winged eye makeup was in at KISS FM's Jingle Ball in Los Angeles this Saturday, with Gossip Girl's Leighton Meester and The Hills' Kristin Cavallari and Stephanie Pratt all rocking the look. Think they pulled it off? [FabSugar UK]
• HSN will bring in a new well-known name in February, as Purple Lab takes to the network to offer its best-seller, Huge Lips, Skinny Hips lip gloss. Until then, Purple Lab is hosting an online model search, the winner of which will appear on HSN with the brand's founder, Karen Robinovitz, to sell the gloss and five other products.
• Nail polish's shelf life is only two years, says Dashing Diva's head nail tech Pattie Yankee. Contrary to popular belief, refrigeration won't extend your polish's life, either. Use up that bottle of Chanel Jade before it goes bad, kids. [Beauty Counter/Style.com]
• The 2010 edition of Fragrances of the World, otherwise known as "the fragrance Bible," will be released in January. Author Michael Edwards's 26th edition of the book includes more than 7,000 fragrances, about 800 more scents than the previous edition listed. The book helps shoppers find perfumes they might want to try by using scents they already like. [Now Smell This]
Most Viewed Stories
‘Weed Dick’ Is the New Way for Men to Sexually Disappoint You
The Big Secret of Every Dating App: Tech Doesn’t Matter
How to Get Out of Any Party Conversation
Amber Rose, Populist Slut Hero of Our Time
7 Alternatives to Those Sold-Out L.L. Bean Boots
Portraits of Privilege: A Teen Demands Mac ’n’ Cheese
Cindy Crawford on Bagels, Instagirls, and Bringing the Supermodel Era to TV
You Think You’re Too Classy to Drink Champagne From a Bong?
Why Do I Jerk Awake Right As I’m Falling Asleep?
From Our Partners
5 Eyeliner Rules Most Women Break (and How to Redeem Yourself)
15 Signs You're With A Good Man
5 Best Sex Positions to Practically Guarantee an Orgasm
Why We Miss Gore Vidal
powered by PubExchange
The Cut’s Latest Beauty FeaturesWhy Is My Poop Green, Goth Whopper?
Black food has an unexpectedly bright side.The 50 Most Memorable Bangs Ever
From Audrey Tautou to Zooey Deschanel.John Galliano Doesn’t Do Instagram Eyebrows
Put down the brow pencil.Chanel Brings Back the Pigtail
You're going to want two of everything.Adriana Lima on Boxing, Brazilian Beauty Secrets
"It's in the water, I think."Assessing Steven Klein’s NARS Collaboration
Does the famed photographer's aesthetic translate to lipstick?The One Beauty Item That Keeps Popping Up at Fashion Month
A new makeup-artist favorite.Right Now the Exercise Pill Is Nothing But a Beautiful Fantasy
It isn't happening anytime soon.This Terrifying Face Mask Is a New Korean Beauty Trend
You'll look like a serial killer, but it gives you extra-soft skin.Phoebe Philo Does Not Believe in Hair Extensions
About the strong beauty look from Sunday’s show.
Life in plastic, it's fantastic.This Is How You Should Smell for Fall
Hint: not like a pumpkin.A Lesson in Beauty Grammar at Dior
What "past future perfect" means in terms of hair and makeup.Why Does My Heart Feel Like It’s Exploding?
A girl's guide to chest pain.The World’s Easiest Way to Highlight Your Face
How to strobe like a pro.A Pregnant Supermodel Explains What She Eats
"Don't be afraid of the fat."It’s Harder to Be Thin Than It Was in the ’80s
Hate you, boomers.Inside a Beauty Editor’s Insane Skin-Care Routine
A minimum of 12 products.Pat McGrath Wants You Dipped in Gold
The legendary makeup artist launches an exclusive product.Let’s All Get High on Cold-Pressed Juice!
Juice Crawls just killed nightlife.