• Models at the Chanel couture show yesterday wore a vivid red lip color named Genial, a sneak preview of what's in store for the label's next color collection. The hue is due out this summer as the newest addition to the Rouge Allure lip-color line. [WWD]
• American Apparel's publicity department clarified the "glassware issue" that caused the company to recall its first run of nail polishes. Turns out the company received reports that bottles broke, which certainly is a terrible glassware issue. The retailer will offer a $10 gift card to anyone who brings back a bottle from the original run or a receipt confirming purchase. [Racked]
• Ava Anderson is 15 years old and she just launched a skin-care line. The products are free of toxins and cost about $20 each for exfoliator, lip scrub, lotion, and more. [StyleList]
• According to a survey by the Japan Automobile Manufacturers Association, Japanese college students are more interested in beauty products like moisturizer, cleansing scrubs, and salons that they are in cars. [Business Week]
• Avon announced plans to release a floral follow-up to its 2008 fragrance U by Ungaro. The new fragrance, named U by Ungaro for Her, contains floral notes and will sell for $34 per bottle. [Now Smell This]
• The prestige beauty industry, which accounts for fragrance, makeup, and skin-care divisions, lost 6 percent of revenue in 2009, compared with sales in 2008, according to a new report by the market-research company NPD Group. [NPD]
Most Viewed Stories
The Girls Pregnancy Plotline Says More About Us Than It Does About Hannah Horvath
Let’s Not Call Obama Stylish Just Yet
Why Millennial Pink Refuses to Go Away
Former Thinx Employee Accuses Miki Agrawal of Sexual Harassment
Report: Donald and Melania Trump Don’t Sleep in the Same Bed
Nike’s Air Max Day Is a Great Excuse to Buy Cool, Rare Sneakers
Five Skin-Care and Makeup Products I Used Till the Very Last Drop
Cate Blanchett on the Judgment of Women, Face Mists, and How She’s Moisturized for Over a Decade
Uber Execs Went to an Escort-Karaoke Bar in Seoul: HR Complaint
Am I Finally Done With White Guys?
The Cut’s Latest Beauty FeaturesJennifer Lopez and Alex Rodriguez Enjoy Working Out Together Across the Country
This time, they hit the gym in Los Angeles.Uber Execs Went to an Escort-Karaoke Bar in Seoul: HR Complaint
The hits just keep on coming.Kylie Jenner Has a Blush Named ‘Barely Legal,’ and People Are Mad About It
It’s getting folks “Hot and Bothered.”Hugh Grant Recreates His Famous Love Actually Dance Sequence With a Little Help From Drake
He’s still Prime Minister!University of Texas Releases Rape Survey Results
15% of students at UT Austin have been raped.Watch Lady Gaga Surprise and Delight Everyone on RuPaul’s Drag Race
“That’s a damn good Lady Gaga impersonator.”Newlyweds Amanda Seyfried and Thomas Sadoski Welcome a Baby Girl
They eloped last weekend.Hibernating Animals Wake Up to Post-Trump World
“The first thing honeybees do is take flight and defecate all over the place.”Who Will Stop the Sparkly Tyranny of Unicorn Makeup?
The abomination of magical makeup is finally addressed.Looking for Love in Seven Different Cities
Jada Yuan tells Sex Lives about her Tinder tour of America.
It’s on March 26.See Clever Fashion Puns by an Instagram Artist
Angelica Hicks pokes fun at Karl Lagerfeld, Versace in her new book Tongue in Chic.RIP, Gchat
Google is officially forcing all users to switch to Hangouts. Rest easy, Gchat.What Is John Mayer Even Talking About?
He wants you to know he’s all good “anatomically and chemically.”Is Vitamin E Actually Good for My Skin?
Experts explain how vitamin E works.Five Skin-Care and Makeup Products I Used Till the Very Last Drop
Auf wiedersehen, my favorite bronzer.See 10 Years of Drake’s Coziest Looks From Timbs to Tom Ford
From ill-fitting jeans to polished suits.Laura Dern’s Mom Is Mad That She Was Mean to Reese Witherspoon on TV
Our new favorite celebrity-BFF duo.Amber Heard Says If Every Gay Hollywood Actor Came Out Tomorrow, ‘This Would Be a Nonissue in a Month’
“I stand here now amongst many of my romantic leading lady peers who are out and fluid. I’m one of many now, and I’m working.”The Ultimate Goop Guide to Lovemaking
Step two: Drink nothing but raw milk for a week.