• Models at the Chanel couture show yesterday wore a vivid red lip color named Genial, a sneak preview of what's in store for the label's next color collection. The hue is due out this summer as the newest addition to the Rouge Allure lip-color line. [WWD]
• American Apparel's publicity department clarified the "glassware issue" that caused the company to recall its first run of nail polishes. Turns out the company received reports that bottles broke, which certainly is a terrible glassware issue. The retailer will offer a $10 gift card to anyone who brings back a bottle from the original run or a receipt confirming purchase. [Racked]
• Ava Anderson is 15 years old and she just launched a skin-care line. The products are free of toxins and cost about $20 each for exfoliator, lip scrub, lotion, and more. [StyleList]
• According to a survey by the Japan Automobile Manufacturers Association, Japanese college students are more interested in beauty products like moisturizer, cleansing scrubs, and salons that they are in cars. [Business Week]
• Avon announced plans to release a floral follow-up to its 2008 fragrance U by Ungaro. The new fragrance, named U by Ungaro for Her, contains floral notes and will sell for $34 per bottle. [Now Smell This]
• The prestige beauty industry, which accounts for fragrance, makeup, and skin-care divisions, lost 6 percent of revenue in 2009, compared with sales in 2008, according to a new report by the market-research company NPD Group. [NPD]
Most Viewed Stories
‘Weed Dick’ Is the New Way for Men to Sexually Disappoint You
The Big Secret of Every Dating App: Tech Doesn’t Matter
How to Get Out of Any Party Conversation
Amber Rose, Populist Slut Hero of Our Time
7 Alternatives to Those Sold-Out L.L. Bean Boots
Cindy Crawford on Bagels, Instagirls, and Bringing the Supermodel Era to TV
You Think You’re Too Classy to Drink Champagne From a Bong?
Why Do I Jerk Awake Right As I’m Falling Asleep?
Portraits of Privilege: A Teen Demands Mac ’n’ Cheese
From Our Partners
Thrillist: Things No Self-Respecting Adult Should Be Doing on Facebook
Who What Wear
The Zara Outfit Every Girl In New York City Is Wearing
J.Crew Is Shifting Away From a High Fashion Image, Focusing Instead on Its Heritage
The Day I Told The Ugly Truth About My Marriage
powered by PubExchange
The Cut’s Latest Beauty FeaturesWhy Is My Poop Green, Goth Whopper?
Black food has an unexpectedly bright side.The 50 Most Memorable Bangs Ever
From Audrey Tautou to Zooey Deschanel.John Galliano Doesn’t Do Instagram Eyebrows
Put down the brow pencil.Chanel Brings Back the Pigtail
You're going to want two of everything.Adriana Lima on Boxing, Brazilian Beauty Secrets
"It's in the water, I think."Assessing Steven Klein’s NARS Collaboration
Does the famed photographer's aesthetic translate to lipstick?The One Beauty Item That Keeps Popping Up at Fashion Month
A new makeup-artist favorite.Right Now the Exercise Pill Is Nothing But a Beautiful Fantasy
It isn't happening anytime soon.This Terrifying Face Mask Is a New Korean Beauty Trend
You'll look like a serial killer, but it gives you extra-soft skin.Phoebe Philo Does Not Believe in Hair Extensions
About the strong beauty look from Sunday’s show.
Life in plastic, it's fantastic.This Is How You Should Smell for Fall
Hint: not like a pumpkin.A Lesson in Beauty Grammar at Dior
What "past future perfect" means in terms of hair and makeup.Why Does My Heart Feel Like It’s Exploding?
A girl's guide to chest pain.The World’s Easiest Way to Highlight Your Face
How to strobe like a pro.A Pregnant Supermodel Explains What She Eats
"Don't be afraid of the fat."It’s Harder to Be Thin Than It Was in the ’80s
Hate you, boomers.Inside a Beauty Editor’s Insane Skin-Care Routine
A minimum of 12 products.Pat McGrath Wants You Dipped in Gold
The legendary makeup artist launches an exclusive product.Let’s All Get High on Cold-Pressed Juice!
Juice Crawls just killed nightlife.