• Britain's Advertising Standards Authority banned a Johnson & Johnson–owned Clean & Clear advertisement for being misleading with before-and-after shots used to promote the brand's Spot Control Kit. In the "after" shot, the model was wearing face powder. Clean & Clear claims the powder is there simply to remove shine from the T-zone. [StyleList]
• Charlize Theron is wearing minimal makeup for her Elle Canada February cover and accompanying editorial."Women are under so much pressure!" she tells the magazine. "I'm not surprised we all become part of this beauty race." [Design Scene]
• Rock & Republic makeup is not being discontinued. However, it will only be sold in certain places from now on, like the Wynn in Las Vegas, Rock & Republic signature stores, and its own website. [StyleList]
• Katy Perry's most surprising makeup tip: "I live and die by baby wipes. I use ’em for my hands and my makeup." [Glamour]
• Researchers at Chicago's Smell and Taste Treatment and Research Foundation found that when men smell the presence of grapefruit on women, they think the women are, on average, six years younger. [HuffPo]
• Kim Kardashian is wearing retro lingerie and a marabou coat while dangling on a circle contraption in the advertisement for her new fragrance, which she named after herself. The scent launches next month exclusively at Sephora. [StyleWatch/People]
• A Seattle company is working on a formula to create the first-ever carbon-neutral fragrance, which will be made out of leftover beer-brewing material. [London Free Press]
• A trend of men asking for gray or salt-and-pepper hair is happening in Washington, D.C. Some even ask for the strands in their eyebrows, and stylists say it's because men sometimes want to appear more conservative or be taken more seriously. [HuffPo]
Most Viewed Stories
Jesse Williams and Aryn Drake-Lee Divorcing After Five Years of Marriage
Zeke Thomas Speaks Out for the First Time About Being Assaulted
Former Bachelor Chris Soules Reportedly Arrested After Fatal Crash
I Was the Queen Bee: 3 High-School Bullies Describe Their Reigns of Terror
Serena Williams Responds to Male Tennis Player’s Racist Remark About Her Pregnancy
What It’s Like to Have Tina Fey As a Mentor
Will We Abandon Women’s Rights in the Name of Progressive Politics?
Hey, Did You Know That French Presidential Candidate Emmanuel Macron Is Married to His High-School Teacher?
Ask a Boss: How Do I Ask to Work From Home?
A Woman Used Her Boyfriend’s Balls As a Makeup Blender
The Cut’s Latest Beauty FeaturesYour Relationship Status Might Affect Your Baby’s Fussiness
A study linked new moms’ relationships to how much their babies cried.See the Old-School Glamour of Palm Springs Come to Life in This Season’s Saturated Shades
Photography collective JUCO takes today’s ‘70s-inspired fashions to the southern-California desert retreat.Ivanka Trump Doesn’t Like Being Called Her Dad’s ‘Accomplice’
She thinks the label is “unproductive.”J.Crew Is Cutting 250 Positions and Moving Around Their Top Management
They’ll save $30 million annually.Somehow Woody Harrelson Is Hollywood’s Girl-Squad Fairy Godmother
Step aside, Taylor Swift.Stuart Weitzman Is Having a Secret 30 Percent Off Sale Right Now
Save at least $100 on suede ballet flats and patent-leather heels.4 Full-Body Moves From Drake’s Trainer
Workout gifs from the man who helped sculpt Drake.All the Cool Girls Had One: 16 Women on Teen Status Symbols
Talking to Molly Ringwald, Judy Blume, Aly Raisman, Marilyn Minter, and more.Saudi Arabia’s Appointment to UN Women’s-Rights Commission Sparks Outrage
This is a country that still uses a male-guardianship system.Disney Invented the Coolest New Makeup Technology
No, it has nothing to do with princesses.
It’s all about the hidden underwire.Republicans Are Still Pushing Trump to Sign a ‘Religious Liberty’ Order
The order would essentially legalize discrimination against LGBTQ people.The Most Depressing Ways The Bachelor Couple Have Described Their Relationship
“It’s not the ideal experience.”Former Beauty-Pageant Queen Pleads Guilty to Child-Pornography Charges
27-year-old Meghan Breanna Alt took and distributed photos of a 4-year-old relative.Ask a Boss: How Do I Ask to Work From Home?
Suggest a trial period.Should I Add Spirulina to My Smoothies?
Two experts break down spirulina’s health benefits.The Most Ridiculous Jeans Styles of the Year, Ranked
From clear-knee jeans to fake mud to jeans that show off your entire bare butt.How Solange Weatherproofed Her Face for Coachella
Her makeup artist explains.Tricking Yourself Into Thinking You’re Over It Is Key to Getting Over a Breakup
A study found the placebo effect works on broken hearts.A Tennessee Professor Was So Inspired by a Dolly Parton Speech That She Made a Class About Her
▶️ It examines Appalachian life in pop culture, using Parton as a lens.