Now you no longer have to speculate about the value of your most recent vintage-store Gucci find (or, more likely, whether it's a knockoff). This week, Gucci and Christie's teamed up to launch Gucci Collector, an online service that allows visitors to upload photos of their dated hand-me-downs for appraisal by specialists at Christie's and in Gucci's archive department. In two to four weeks, you'll receive an auction estimate and a rundown of its origin. They'll also let you know if your item might be of interest for an upcoming Christie's sale (admit it: Anyone who shops at vintage stores has had this fantasy) or for display in Gucci's upcoming Florence museum, slated to open in 2011.
Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
- Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
- Galliano’s Latest Comeback Move: A TV Interview?
- Report: Aslaug Magnúsdóttir Out at Moda Operandi
- See J.Crew’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Collection
- Cannes: Mara, Kidman, and a Wet Red Carpet
- Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Made in America: 18 National Treasures to Try
- Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- Fake the Bake With Twelve New Self-Tanners
- Rooney Mara Finally Lands Major Fashion Contract
- Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- Planned Parenthood Defunder Running for Senate
- Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament