This week, figure skater Johnny Weir came under fire for wearing a costume with a tuft of real fur on the shoulder. His costume designer came under fire, too, which Weir found severely upsetting, yet not upsetting enough to renounce real fur outright. However, now that he has received hate mail and death threats, he's switching the real fur on the costume in question to a faux variety. He doesn't want the animal-rights people to mess him up at the Olympics, which is exactly why we suggested he make nice with them the other day. We've seen the havoc they wreak at Fashion Week, and he would have no chance of maintaining his poker face if they stormed the ice yelling, wearing suits that make them look like skinned rabbits.
Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
- Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
- Galliano’s Latest Comeback Move: A TV Interview?
- Report: Aslaug Magnúsdóttir Out at Moda Operandi
- See J.Crew’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Collection
- Cannes: Mara, Kidman, and a Wet Red Carpet
- Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Made in America: 18 National Treasures to Try
- Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- Fake the Bake With Twelve New Self-Tanners
- Rooney Mara Finally Lands Major Fashion Contract
- Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- Planned Parenthood Defunder Running for Senate
- Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament