Michelle Obama recently unveiled a new haircut. The change was somewhat subtle, but she cut enough off for those of us obsessed with her style to have a mild fit. Cathy Horyn calls the new do "rounder, more managed." She added, "One might be tempted to call the style an updated version of the classic Washington helmet," but noted Michelle Obama has tried many styles over the course of Barack's presidential campaign and presidency. She began with side bangs, grew them out late last year, and now is on to what we'll call her mom bob because we think it flatters her, and calling it a helmet implies it never moves or blows in the wind or does anything interesting even after the help of heat styling. But it does all of those things! Michelle is already experimenting with styling her new mom bob and looks to be having fun with it, as any woman with a chic new haircut should. Take a look back at her hair evolution in the slideshow.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
The College Magazine the Fashion World Respects
When Does PDA Mean a Couple Is Back Together?
Too Much or Too Little: DSM-V’s Gray Area on Sex
- Cannes Day 9: Princess Charlene and Heidi Klum
- The College Magazine the Fashion World Respects
- U.N. Pressures Prada to Stop Discrimination
- McCartney’s Asia Tour Culminates With Kate Moss
- Every Outfit Olivia Has Worn on Scandal Season 2
- When Does PDA Mean a Couple Is Back Together?
- Too Much or Too Little: DSM-V’s Gray Area on Sex
- Balenciaga’s New Bag: A Versatile Summer Option
- Issa’s Designer, Daniella Helayel, Quits Label
- Pussy Riot’s Maria Alyokhina Denied Parole
- GIF Lesson: How to Give Thin Hair Extra Volume
- The 45 Most Gorgeous, Famous Gems of All Time
- Barack Obama Prom Pictures
- Watch: Supercut of Pop Culture’s Best Promzillas
- Men No Longer Just Pieces of Meat