• Head to Brooklyn for the Brookyn Based wedding fair. Check out gowns, veils, jewelry, calligraphy, invitations, photography, and more by local vendors. Caterers and bakeries will provide hors d'oeuvre and cake samples and wedding bands will perform. The Bell House, 149 7th St., nr. Second Ave., Gowanus, Brooklyn (718-643-6510); 10:30–5. Advance tickets are $20 for three hours or $40 for the entire day at brownpapertickets.com. Tickets at the door are $25 for three hours.
• See Valentino: The Last Emperor, followed by a Q&A with the film's director, Matt Tyrnauer, and editor, Bob Eisenhardt. IFC Center, 323 Sixth Ave., nr. 3rd St. (212-924-7771); 8 p.m. Buy tickets at movietickets.com.
• Merchandise is 50 to 70 percent off at the Chloe & Reese sample sale. Wool and cashmere day dresses are $120 to $190 (originally $395), silk party dresses are $130 to $250 (originally $500), and blouses are $90 (originally $295). Dresses start at $50. Through 1/9. 313 W. 37th St., nr. Eighth Ave., Ste. 601A (888-317-1695); T–F (11–7), S (11–5).
• Wedding dresses, veils, and accessories are up to 70 percent off at Gabriella New York. Through 1/10. 400 W. 14th St., nr. Ninth Ave., Ste. 2A (212-206-1915); Su (noon–5).
• Clothing and accessories are up to 80 percent off at the Cynthia Rowley sample sale. 376 Bleecker St., nr. Perry St. (212-242-3803); F–Su (10–9).
• Fall 2009 clothing for men and women is 60 percent off at Generra. For men, slub jersey knits are $36 (originally $90), shirts are $60 (originally $165), and jackets are $100 (originally $250). For women, basic rib-knit tops are $27 (originally $68), dresses are $118 (originally $295), and coats are $146 (originally $365). Through 1/31. 823 Washington St., nr. Gansevoort St. (212-457-2499); M–S (11–7), Su (noon–6).
• Noisette is offering up to 70 percent off womenswear. Buy one item for 50 percent off, two for 60 percent off, and three or more for 70 percent off. 54 N. Sixth St., nr. Kent Ave., Williamsburg, Brooklyn (718-388-5188); daily (noon–7).
• Thousands of architecture, art, fashion, cooking, and design books are up to 70 percent off at Phaidon's warehouse sale. 100 Wooster St., nr. Prince St. (212-925-1900); M–S (9–9), Su (9–7).
• Kidrobot is hosting a warehouse sale. Hoodies, crewnecks, sweaters, and ruby shirts are $25, hats are $10, tees are $15, jackets are $40, and dresses and skirts are $15. In addition, all apparel and accessories are 20 percent off at the Kidrobot Soho store (118 Prince St., nr. Greene St.; 212-966-6688) every Monday throughout January. Through 1/13. 56 W. 22nd St., nr. Sixth Ave., second fl.; M–W (11–7).
• Silk dresses, pants, skirts, and tops from the fall 2009 collection are up to 80 percent off at Kimberly Taylor. All items are $75, including the Shannon shorts romper (originally $260), the Helen skinny pant (originally $315), and the Lillian drape top (originally $220). Through 1/13. 400 W. 14th St., nr. Ninth Ave. (212-944-6700); M–S (10–7), Su (11–7).
• Mason's Tennis Mart is hosting its annual sale. All men's and women's clothing is 50 percent off and select shoes and racquets are 40 percent off. Brands include Nike, Adidas, Fila, Polo, Tail, and Fred Perry. Skirts are $24 (originally $48), warm-ups are $75 (originally $150), and men's shirts are $25 (originally $50). All demo racquets are $100. Through 1/30. 56 E. 53rd St., nr. Madison Ave. (212-755-5805); M–F (10–7), S (10–6), Su (noon–6).
Most Viewed Stories
Josh Kushner, Ivanka Trump’s Brother-in-Law, Was Reportedly Spotted at the Women’s March
A Scene from the D.C. Women’s March
Bernie Sanders Wore the Only Appropriate Outfit to Trump’s Inauguration
Pro-Choice and Pro-Life Marchers Came Face-to-Face at the Women’s March
Why the Election of 9 Black Female Judges in Alabama Matters
Taylor Swift Won’t Save Us From Donald Trump
The Greatest Signs From the Women’s March
16 of the Cutest Kids at the Women’s March
Madonna to Women’s March Detractors: ‘F*ck You’
Over 1 Million New York Women Will Have Access to Free Contraception and Abortions
From Our Partners
powered by PubExchange
The Cut’s Latest Shopping FeaturesHow to Wear a Pink Suit
That millennial-friendly color strikes again.Cheap Thrill: A Frilled Tomato-Red Jumpsuit
Saucy.14 Things on Sale You’ll Actually Want to Buy: From a Backpack to a Bralette
This week, we dug through the darkest, deepest depths of the internet and found a back-to-school-worthy backpack and a $30 mint-green lamp.Treat Yourself: This Ring Will Make You Feel Like a Boss
A defense against impostor syndrome.Back-to-School Shopping Guide: The College Years
From fuzzy pillows to flatware.The 11 Best Pieces to Buy at Avenue 32’s Sale
Deep discounts, up to 80 percent off.Could These Be the Best Workout Leggings?
Meet the high-waisted version of ADAY's perpetually sold-out Throw and Roll leggings.The Perfect Summer Blanket Is Here
Never wake up in another night sweat again.Cheap Thrill: a Summer Dress You’ll Want to Wear Every Day
For work and weekend.How to Wear Two Bright Colors Together
Marigold and acid-green actually go together really well.
Grunge and glam had a baby together, and it's this clutch.Drake’s Is Now Collaborating With J.Crew
The British menswear brand, not the rapper.13 Basics on Sale, From a T-Shirt to a Tea Kettle
Here, some simple things on super-sale.Here’s Another Way to Get That Vetements Look
Champion's Reverse Weave collection is now sold on SSENSE.10 Bodysuits to Tuck Into Pretty Much Everything
Wear them with mom jeans, high-waisted skirts, work pants ...How to Make Your Work Clothes Less Boring
Take some liberties with this cool Tory Burch skirt.You Can Now Wear Your Succulents on Your Fingers
With the 13-piece Cactus de Cartier collection.Vivienne Westwood’s New York Debut, Unexpected Pool Floats, and a ’70s-Inspired Record Store
What's new in New York stores.Treat Yourself: A Bubblegum-Pink Varsity Jacket
Get one for everyone in your girl gang.9 Ways to Make Your Summer Wardrobe Less Boring
Don't freak out. Buy one of these nine things instead.