• Head to Brooklyn for the Brookyn Based wedding fair. Check out gowns, veils, jewelry, calligraphy, invitations, photography, and more by local vendors. Caterers and bakeries will provide hors d'oeuvre and cake samples and wedding bands will perform. The Bell House, 149 7th St., nr. Second Ave., Gowanus, Brooklyn (718-643-6510); 10:30–5. Advance tickets are $20 for three hours or $40 for the entire day at brownpapertickets.com. Tickets at the door are $25 for three hours.
• See Valentino: The Last Emperor, followed by a Q&A with the film's director, Matt Tyrnauer, and editor, Bob Eisenhardt. IFC Center, 323 Sixth Ave., nr. 3rd St. (212-924-7771); 8 p.m. Buy tickets at movietickets.com.
• Merchandise is 50 to 70 percent off at the Chloe & Reese sample sale. Wool and cashmere day dresses are $120 to $190 (originally $395), silk party dresses are $130 to $250 (originally $500), and blouses are $90 (originally $295). Dresses start at $50. Through 1/9. 313 W. 37th St., nr. Eighth Ave., Ste. 601A (888-317-1695); T–F (11–7), S (11–5).
• Wedding dresses, veils, and accessories are up to 70 percent off at Gabriella New York. Through 1/10. 400 W. 14th St., nr. Ninth Ave., Ste. 2A (212-206-1915); Su (noon–5).
• Clothing and accessories are up to 80 percent off at the Cynthia Rowley sample sale. 376 Bleecker St., nr. Perry St. (212-242-3803); F–Su (10–9).
• Fall 2009 clothing for men and women is 60 percent off at Generra. For men, slub jersey knits are $36 (originally $90), shirts are $60 (originally $165), and jackets are $100 (originally $250). For women, basic rib-knit tops are $27 (originally $68), dresses are $118 (originally $295), and coats are $146 (originally $365). Through 1/31. 823 Washington St., nr. Gansevoort St. (212-457-2499); M–S (11–7), Su (noon–6).
• Noisette is offering up to 70 percent off womenswear. Buy one item for 50 percent off, two for 60 percent off, and three or more for 70 percent off. 54 N. Sixth St., nr. Kent Ave., Williamsburg, Brooklyn (718-388-5188); daily (noon–7).
• Thousands of architecture, art, fashion, cooking, and design books are up to 70 percent off at Phaidon's warehouse sale. 100 Wooster St., nr. Prince St. (212-925-1900); M–S (9–9), Su (9–7).
• Kidrobot is hosting a warehouse sale. Hoodies, crewnecks, sweaters, and ruby shirts are $25, hats are $10, tees are $15, jackets are $40, and dresses and skirts are $15. In addition, all apparel and accessories are 20 percent off at the Kidrobot Soho store (118 Prince St., nr. Greene St.; 212-966-6688) every Monday throughout January. Through 1/13. 56 W. 22nd St., nr. Sixth Ave., second fl.; M–W (11–7).
• Silk dresses, pants, skirts, and tops from the fall 2009 collection are up to 80 percent off at Kimberly Taylor. All items are $75, including the Shannon shorts romper (originally $260), the Helen skinny pant (originally $315), and the Lillian drape top (originally $220). Through 1/13. 400 W. 14th St., nr. Ninth Ave. (212-944-6700); M–S (10–7), Su (11–7).
• Mason's Tennis Mart is hosting its annual sale. All men's and women's clothing is 50 percent off and select shoes and racquets are 40 percent off. Brands include Nike, Adidas, Fila, Polo, Tail, and Fred Perry. Skirts are $24 (originally $48), warm-ups are $75 (originally $150), and men's shirts are $25 (originally $50). All demo racquets are $100. Through 1/30. 56 E. 53rd St., nr. Madison Ave. (212-755-5805); M–F (10–7), S (10–6), Su (noon–6).