And Oprah will auction off pieces from her closet on eBay.
• Roberto Cavalli's 2009 consolidated sales dropped 22 percent to $242.8 million at the current exchange. The designer said at the Just Cavalli show yesterday that he is optimistic the line will be back in shape after one or two more seasons. Revenues fell most in the United States (27 percent) for the Just Cavalli brand. [WWD]
• Max Mara named Zoe Saldana the "Face of the Future." She will sit front-row at the label's fashion show on Saturday and receive an award in June. [Telegraph UK]
• Oprah will auction off pieces from her closet on eBay from March 1 to March 11. [eBay]
• When Vogue's Hamish Bowles traveled to Texas recently, he wore a pair of custom lilac leather boots with platinum iguana accents, which were designed by Christian Louboutin and made by shoemaker Jimmy Morado. [Hamishsphere/Vogue]
• Gap will expand again. The company plans to open a few stores in Milan this year as well as its first store in China next year. [Financial Times]
• A company that tracked retailer interest after New York fashion shows reports that Diane Von Furstenberg garnered the most interest. Sale inquiries for the label went up 1,150 percent. [Racked]