Last night the Human Rights Campaign of Greater New York held its annual dinner in honor of equal rights for the LGBT community. We caught up with Tim Gunn, who loves his growing legion of straight male fans. Does he think many watch Project Runway? "They do indeed. I'm proud of that, I think it's cool. You can't watch the show and not buy into who the designers are and the whole general nature of what fashion is," he told us. "So the more diverse the audience is, the happier I am. When we were taping in L.A., I had to walk by a construction site to get to the set; my apartment was a block away. At one point, these construction guys were shouting from the scaffolding: 'Tim Gunn, you're killing me with that show!' I bet they're not gay — though I shouldn't say that. You never know. But they were definitely fans."
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Kim Kardashian Insta-Idolizes Elizabeth Taylor
The Hair Stories Behind American Hustle
Sarah Jessica Parker Longs to Take the Bus
- Kim Kardashian Insta-Idolizes Elizabeth Taylor
- Taylor Swift Uses Her Phone to Put on Makeup
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 15 Days to Go!
- The Hair Stories Behind American Hustle
- New York Winter Weddings Issue Is Live!
- Wish List: 3.1 Phillip Lim’s Quinn Loafer
- Daniel Radcliffe Has a Greasy New Bob
- Qantas Staff Doesn’t Want to Look Like Kerr
- Pre-Fall’s Best: Jason Wu, Rag & Bone, and More
- Sarah Jessica Parker Longs to Take the Bus
- Rodarte Sent Rihanna Boob Tassels for Christmas
- Should Women in Their Forties Model Underwear?
- 7 Things Lady Gaga’s Dreads Actually Look Like
- Retail Task Force Tries to Fix Racial Profiling
- Putin to Free Pussy Riot, Maybe