New York's fashion director, Harriet Mays Powell, paid a visit to Prabal Gurung's studio to talk about his cultural influences, his spring collection, and who the ideal Prabal girl is. Gurung, who is Nepalese, draws influence from the draping of saris. "If I can pinpoint one thing about the way that Nepalese women, or even in India, it's the way they drape their saris," he says. "If you look at my clothes, when it's like draping, it's always influenced by that." Prabal was also influenced by YSL's Rive Gauche perfume bottle. And what makes a girl a Prabal girl? "A beautiful girl with brains — that's a lethal combination." Find out more by watching the video.
Wish List: Nicholas Kirkwood’s Bondage Heels
Happy Birthday, Joan Didion!
Will Nixing ‘Fashion Bloggers’ Fix Fashion Week?
- Cities Ranked by Fake Instagram Happiness
- See Sexy Seventies Glamour From American Hustle
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 20 Days to Go!
- An Homage to the Lovely, Feisty Barbara Stanwyck
- Wish List: Nicholas Kirkwood’s Bondage Heels
- Kids Struggle With Platonic Friendship, Too
- Victorian Moms Creepin’ in Photo Portraits
- 16 Pretty Finds in Pantone's Radiant Orchid
- Happy Birthday, Joan Didion!
- Will Nixing ‘Fashion Bloggers’ Fix Fashion Week?
- Date Miley Cyrus by Dressing Exactly Like Her
- Kim and Kanye Deny Versailles Wedding
- Jessica Hart, Kim, Kanye & More at Art Basel
- Best Bet: Hive and Honey Military Twill Pants
- Cressida Bonas’s Baby Book: What Does It Mean?