This week, Cutrone and Co. produced two presentations (which, Robyn explains, is the fashion code word for chintzy runway show), one for new designer Nicolas “hold the H” Petrou, and the other for the sexy lingerie line Agent Provocateur. Cue the usual office high jinks: Stephanie Vorhees can’t manage to handle the invitations (“it’s not brain surgery,” sighs Skinner), Petrou, a new client that People’s Revolution took on as a favor, turns out to be a huge, ungrateful SOB — oh, and also a thief, and Kelly ends up penniless but happy, high on the drug that is a job well done. It doesn’t matter that she’s the crazy, disheveled mom at school so long as she gets to thrive creatively and work with people who dress male models in hot, sweaty, suffocating body socks. We’re also introduced to Emily’s personal life, which doesn’t actually seem to exist beyond rushed phone calls with her family and sadly gazing at the Manhattan skyline. Now we understand why she’s in a bad mood all the time. At least Kelly has a cute kid to distract her — Emily’s only got a bottle of red and an undying respect for Women’s Wear Daily. But we digress: on to this week’s take on Cutrone’s Hierarchy of Personality Traits.
• Kelly, for saying that Petrou’s collection is really genius, even though it’s clearly insane and reminds us of a Custo Barcelona T-shirt on crack. He’s the client, we get that, and so her initial endorsement of his weird collection wasn’t surprising — but it certainly came back to bite her after he and his inflated ego ended up dissing all the press who so nicely came to his freaky presentation.
• Emily, for wandering the deserted streets after working later than even, yes, actual hookers. Poor Emily has given everything to People’s Revolution, only to be rewarded with a perpetual frown and a plethora of Madewell T-shirts. She should at least get a cat she can complain to, since we’re sure at this point her sister is like, “I don’t CARE about how inept your interns are go on DATE! See the WORLD! Get out of that OFFICE!”
• The original club booked for the Agent Provocateur Soirée, which canceled at the last minute. Kelly had to air kiss thousands of people for nothing! Robyn is now feeling stressed! Kelly calls this move a “wackadoo flip-a-bitch,” and then schemes to send a six-foot-tall assassin to get revenge, which seems an appropriate response.
— Emily, for threatening to fire Vorhees in front of the whole office. We understand why Emily is frustrated, but if you’re going to yell at an employee, don’t do it in front the whole team. It makes for bad morale, and is just plain inappropriate. Also, you’re not going to get Vorhees to perform better by berating her in front of her colleagues. If anything, that’s just going to contribute to her sense of being constantly “overwhelmed.”
• Kelly’s lost and found dog Coco, an actual bitch, though not a bitchy bitch. Imagine telling your kid that you’re sending the dog to the “farm” for a better life, and then running into it a block from your apartment. Perhaps Kelly later explained to Ava that by “farm” she meant “a huge loft and two lesbian painters.”
• GQ, for openly laughing at a collection in front of the designer. At least wait to trash him behind his back, in print.
• Petrou, for rudely dismissing every editor who came his way, and for saying this, on-camera, about a WWD men’s edition editor: “Why are you so defensive, bitch? I’m the one with the master degree from St. Martins, not you!” Then, deciding to stiff People’s Revolution (again, on-camera) because not every single press person attended the presentation. Kelly is filing a lawsuit — and trashing you on Facebook! — so you’d better watch out.
• Kelly, for taking over the invitations and saying that she’s the ONLY one with enough experience to do so. We admit that her employees are generally unreliable, but come on, even Robyn can stuff an envelope.
• Kelly, for thinking that if she were younger she’d be hooking up with hot male models left and right.
• Michelle, for chewing gum so loudly she got herself kicked out of the room. If we were Emily, we would have fired her, but we are especially sensitive to chewing sounds (they are our Kryptonite), so take that with a grain of salt. But gum chewing is rude, and has no place in the office, at the Oscars, or at the Olympic Opening Ceremony — Eastern European teams, we’re looking at you!
• Stephanie Vorhees, for once again being incompetent. Vorhees continually blames her shortcomings on her inexperience — "It seems like common sense, but I’ve never done it before,” she complains about sending out the invites for the Petrou show. No, Vorhees, it is common sense. In life, as in Kell on Earth, you’re going to have to figure out a lot of stuff on your own. We’re sure she’s overworked — they’re all overworked — but misspelling a designer’s name on HIS OWN press release is grounds for getting the ax, even more so than chewing gum loudly. We have a feeling that Vorhees isn’t long for this world.
• Nicolas Petrou for both talking shit about editors and then not paying his bill on TV. Does he not get that he was being filmed? Small claims court, here Kelly comes!
• Kelly, for flippantly comparing models to Auschwitz victims. Holocaust jokes: not so funny. And what happened to “thin but not bony?” That got tossed out the window pretty quickly, based on the numerous collarbones evident at the final presentation.
Most Viewed Stories
Connecticut Politician Arrested for Pinching Woman’s Genitals
The Sheer Perfection of Donald Trump’s Golden Shower
The Ultimate Guide to Preparing for the Women’s March
15 Protest Sign Ideas for the Women’s March on Washington
The Divorced Mom Who Cries After Sex
Pakistani Pop Star Stops Concert When He Spots Sexual Harassment
What Romance Really Means After 10 Years of Marriage
Madame Clairevoyant: Horoscopes for the Week of January 16
I’m Anti-Trump, But I Refuse to March
From Our Partners
powered by PubExchange
Latest News from The CutDonald Trump’s Retweet Was Supposed to Praise Ivanka Trump, But It Tagged the Wrong User
He found time, however, to check the tweet’s grammar and punctuation.Looks Like Kim Kardashian Is Making a Cameo in Ocean’s Eight
More proof that Kim is getting back to her old self.The Obamas Donated Malia and Sasha’s Old Swing Set to a D.C. Shelter
They first offered it to Donald Trump’s family.The One With Kristen’s Comedy Show
The cast ofVanderpump Rules is never funnier than when they’re not trying to be funny.Women’s March on Washington Drops Anti-Choice Partner After Backlash
The Women’s March on Washington faced criticism after partnering with the anti-choice group “New Wave Feminists.”Jeff Goldblum and Emilie Livingston’s Baby Announcement Is Impressive
It’s a real balancing act.One of Kentucky’s Last Two Remaining Abortion Providers to Close Down
As of January 27th, there will only be one abortion clinic remaining in the state.Bella Hadid Got Two Incredibly Tiny Tattoos
Done by tiny tattoo expert JonBoy.Noor Salman, Wife of Pulse Nightclub Shooter, Arrested on Obstruction Charges
The widow previously said she knew nothing of Omar Mateen’s plans.Pakistani Pop Star Stops Concert When He Spots Sexual Harassment
Atif Aslam wasn’t having it.
It’s on a hotel pillow and involves Mariah’s love life.Teen Who Was Abducted the Day She Was Born Reunites With Birth Family
Meanwhile, the man who raised Kamiyah Mobley and thought he was her father says it’s “a shock.”The Worst Thing About Episode One of The Young Pope: Baby Pyramid
Every week, we’ll tell you the worst thing about HBO’s new series The Young Pope.Madame Clairevoyant: Horoscopes for the Week of January 16
The sun moves into Aquarius.The Ultimate Guide to Preparing for the Women’s March
Experts share their best tips.Drake Gave Sasha Obama a Little Shout-out
Who’s a fan of whom here?Taylor Swift’s Home Might Become a Historic Landmark
She’s spent millions on restoring her Beverly Hills place to its 1934 glory.Lady Gaga, Danai Gurira, Charlize Theron, Natalie Portman Signed an Open Letter Supporting Education for Girls
The open letter is from campaigning and advocacy organization ONE.The Divorced Mom Who Cries After Sex
This week’s sex diary.This Pioneering Fashion Photographer Captured Complicated Women
Deborah Turbeville transformed fashion photography in the 1970s.