This week, Cutrone and Co. produced two presentations (which, Robyn explains, is the fashion code word for chintzy runway show), one for new designer Nicolas “hold the H” Petrou, and the other for the sexy lingerie line Agent Provocateur. Cue the usual office high jinks: Stephanie Vorhees can’t manage to handle the invitations (“it’s not brain surgery,” sighs Skinner), Petrou, a new client that People’s Revolution took on as a favor, turns out to be a huge, ungrateful SOB — oh, and also a thief, and Kelly ends up penniless but happy, high on the drug that is a job well done. It doesn’t matter that she’s the crazy, disheveled mom at school so long as she gets to thrive creatively and work with people who dress male models in hot, sweaty, suffocating body socks. We’re also introduced to Emily’s personal life, which doesn’t actually seem to exist beyond rushed phone calls with her family and sadly gazing at the Manhattan skyline. Now we understand why she’s in a bad mood all the time. At least Kelly has a cute kid to distract her — Emily’s only got a bottle of red and an undying respect for Women’s Wear Daily. But we digress: on to this week’s take on Cutrone’s Hierarchy of Personality Traits.
• Kelly, for saying that Petrou’s collection is really genius, even though it’s clearly insane and reminds us of a Custo Barcelona T-shirt on crack. He’s the client, we get that, and so her initial endorsement of his weird collection wasn’t surprising — but it certainly came back to bite her after he and his inflated ego ended up dissing all the press who so nicely came to his freaky presentation.
• Emily, for wandering the deserted streets after working later than even, yes, actual hookers. Poor Emily has given everything to People’s Revolution, only to be rewarded with a perpetual frown and a plethora of Madewell T-shirts. She should at least get a cat she can complain to, since we’re sure at this point her sister is like, “I don’t CARE about how inept your interns are go on DATE! See the WORLD! Get out of that OFFICE!”
• The original club booked for the Agent Provocateur Soirée, which canceled at the last minute. Kelly had to air kiss thousands of people for nothing! Robyn is now feeling stressed! Kelly calls this move a “wackadoo flip-a-bitch,” and then schemes to send a six-foot-tall assassin to get revenge, which seems an appropriate response.
— Emily, for threatening to fire Vorhees in front of the whole office. We understand why Emily is frustrated, but if you’re going to yell at an employee, don’t do it in front the whole team. It makes for bad morale, and is just plain inappropriate. Also, you’re not going to get Vorhees to perform better by berating her in front of her colleagues. If anything, that’s just going to contribute to her sense of being constantly “overwhelmed.”
• Kelly’s lost and found dog Coco, an actual bitch, though not a bitchy bitch. Imagine telling your kid that you’re sending the dog to the “farm” for a better life, and then running into it a block from your apartment. Perhaps Kelly later explained to Ava that by “farm” she meant “a huge loft and two lesbian painters.”
• GQ, for openly laughing at a collection in front of the designer. At least wait to trash him behind his back, in print.
• Petrou, for rudely dismissing every editor who came his way, and for saying this, on-camera, about a WWD men’s edition editor: “Why are you so defensive, bitch? I’m the one with the master degree from St. Martins, not you!” Then, deciding to stiff People’s Revolution (again, on-camera) because not every single press person attended the presentation. Kelly is filing a lawsuit — and trashing you on Facebook! — so you’d better watch out.
• Kelly, for taking over the invitations and saying that she’s the ONLY one with enough experience to do so. We admit that her employees are generally unreliable, but come on, even Robyn can stuff an envelope.
• Kelly, for thinking that if she were younger she’d be hooking up with hot male models left and right.
• Michelle, for chewing gum so loudly she got herself kicked out of the room. If we were Emily, we would have fired her, but we are especially sensitive to chewing sounds (they are our Kryptonite), so take that with a grain of salt. But gum chewing is rude, and has no place in the office, at the Oscars, or at the Olympic Opening Ceremony — Eastern European teams, we’re looking at you!
• Stephanie Vorhees, for once again being incompetent. Vorhees continually blames her shortcomings on her inexperience — "It seems like common sense, but I’ve never done it before,” she complains about sending out the invites for the Petrou show. No, Vorhees, it is common sense. In life, as in Kell on Earth, you’re going to have to figure out a lot of stuff on your own. We’re sure she’s overworked — they’re all overworked — but misspelling a designer’s name on HIS OWN press release is grounds for getting the ax, even more so than chewing gum loudly. We have a feeling that Vorhees isn’t long for this world.
• Nicolas Petrou for both talking shit about editors and then not paying his bill on TV. Does he not get that he was being filmed? Small claims court, here Kelly comes!
• Kelly, for flippantly comparing models to Auschwitz victims. Holocaust jokes: not so funny. And what happened to “thin but not bony?” That got tossed out the window pretty quickly, based on the numerous collarbones evident at the final presentation.
Most Viewed Stories
How Angelina Jolie Won the First Big Battle in Her Divorce
25 Famous Women on Being Alone
It’s Time to Get Over Your White Feelings and Start Taking Action for Black Lives
22 Intimate Lost Photos of Marilyn Monroe
Everything We Know About Brad Pitt’s Plane Incident
Jaden Smith on the Many Subtle Flavors of Water
Taylor Swift’s Squad Begged Kim Kardashian for Mercy
The National Nightmare Is Over: Kim Kardashian Will Vote for Hillary
Adam Levine and Behati Prinsloo Unveiled Their Baby on Instagram
The 6 Best Denim Shops on Etsy
From Our Partners
powered by PubExchange
Latest News from The CutLupita Nyong’o Dropped a Rap Video to Celebrate Her 3 Million Instagram Followers
She debuted a short video on Instagram.Amy Schumer Went All Out for the Kiss Cam at a Mets Game
She had a kiss for her dad and her boyfriend.The Fashion Executive Who Doesn’t Wear Underwear on Dates
This week’s sex diary.Marc Jacobs’s Dog Has His Own Coffee-Table Book
Neville Jacobs, Instagram celebrity.The Will & Grace Reunion Was Intensely Documented for Social Media
Eric McCormack, Debra Messing, Megan Mullally, and Sean Hayes want you to feel FOMO.Emma Watson Helped Make a Short Film to Inspire You, Ladies
Jump those hurdles. Swing from a chandelier.Get Gender-Free Fashion Delivered to Your Hotel Room
Best room service ever.Olivia Wilde and Jason Sudeikis Are Having a Girl
It’s yet another reason to be #NeverTrump.The Newsroom Meets Mad Men in the First Trailer for Amazon’s Good Girls Revolt
Revolt away, girls.Arrest Made in Pippa Middleton iCloud Photo Hack
The hacker reportedly offered The Sun and The Daily Mail 3,000 pictures for a large sum of money.
She’s with her.Dolce & Gabbana Was an Italian Lovefest
The theme was Tropico Italiano.Watch the Salvatore Ferragamo Livestream
Enjoy!Adam Levine and Behati Prinsloo Unveiled Their Baby on Instagram
Her name is Dusty Rose Levine. Awwww.Beyoncé and Tina Knowles Did a Normal Mother/Daughter Thing
Houston’s Solid Gold Beauty Supply received the Queen Bey herself.Brad Pitt Probably Won’t Face Prosecution for Child Abuse
The Brangelina Divorce Machine marches on.North West Is a Pretty Great Flower Girl
Brides, prepare to be upstaged.The Kids From Stranger Things Are Hanging Out With Nicolas Ghesquière
Millie Bobby Brown, Caleb McLaughlin, and Gaten Matarazzo hit up Louis Vuitton’s HQ in Paris.A ‘Cagney & Lacey–esque’ Police Drama Is Currently in Development at ABC
Bring. On. The Female. Detectives.Kylie Jenner’s Getting Sucked Into Tyga’s Debt Problems
She’ll have to answer questions under oath in the latest lawsuit against him.