Lady Gaga didn't win any Grammys in the live telecast last night. But clad entirely in Armani Privé throughout the evening, she won fashion-wise in every respect. The Wall Street Journal wondered last week how she'd possibly top her six outfit changes at the Video Music Awards. From the moment she tottered out of her car in the spherical dress that looked to be wrapped with suspended ribbons of glitter wire, it was clear she was on an entire different plane from the VMAs. Any lace face coverings could not compete with the weapon-accessory she carried with her on the carpet as though a handbag. And if her sparkly green performance leotard felt tame, it was because she saved her most dramatic creation to sit in the audience and watch the rest of the awards. But none of the televised Grammy coverage — the pre-shows, the actual show, the post-shows — did any of her ensembles justice. Did you get a close-up look at her shoes? No? Well, friends. Then you don't know shoes. Take a look at Gaga's every look at every angle from this year's Grammys, including beauty, details, and her moment with Celine Dion, in the slideshow.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
- Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
- Galliano’s Latest Comeback Move: A TV Interview?
- Report: Aslaug Magnúsdóttir Out at Moda Operandi
- See J.Crew’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Collection
- Cannes: Mara, Kidman, and a Wet Red Carpet
- Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Made in America: 18 National Treasures to Try
- Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- Fake the Bake With Twelve New Self-Tanners
- Rooney Mara Finally Lands Major Fashion Contract
- Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- Planned Parenthood Defunder Running for Senate
- Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament