London’s runways were a mix of the past, present, and future faces of modeling. Christopher Bailey at Burberry selected Karmen Pedaru to open and close his collection. Sigrid Agren was a hot commodity, per usual, opening for Jaeger London, Matthew Williamson, and Nicole Farhi. Rising star Kristy Kaurova booked her first opening look ever, for Paul Smith. Meanwhile, Mark Fast’s runway saw the return of the early aughts with Delfine Bafort opening and Anouck Lepère closing. But our eyes were on one very special flaxen-haired rookie: Julia Nobis. After scoring a Calvin Klein exclusive in New York, she went on to book the opening looks at Richard Nicoll and Topshop Unique. And just yesterday, she landed in Milan to walk for Prada. At this rate, Julia is quickly becoming this season’s breakout star. Click ahead to our slideshow to see all of London’s top openers and closers.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Negative Space: 11 White Dresses With Cutouts
- Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
- Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
- Galliano’s Latest Comeback Move: A TV Interview?
- Report: Aslaug Magnúsdóttir Out at Moda Operandi
- See J.Crew’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Collection
- Cannes: Mara, Kidman, and a Wet Red Carpet
- Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Made in America: 18 National Treasures to Try
- Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- Fake the Bake With Twelve New Self-Tanners
- Rooney Mara Finally Lands Major Fashion Contract
- Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- Planned Parenthood Defunder Running for Senate