Fur was huge on the fall 2010 runways in New York. Many designers tried to do something different with it, which resulted in quite a bit of asymmetrical fur detailing. Dennis Basso sent out a couple of evening gowns with one gorilla arm, Peter Som added a Johnny Weir–esque tuft of fur to the sleeve of a dress, and Thom Browne sent a couple of men down the runway with big fur muffs worn over only one forearm. Alexander Wang also sent many models out with one fuzzy sleeve, which we're pretty sure was synthetic but also considerably furrier than velvet. This trend may look ridiculous, but it may also be genius. How often do you find yourself out at the bar in a fur chubby you don't feel comfortable checking, get heated, and casually throw it off one arm so that you're only wearing one sleeve and can avoid setting it somewhere? Never? Yeah. Us neither.
Kim Kardashian Insta-Idolizes Elizabeth Taylor
The Hair Stories Behind American Hustle
Sarah Jessica Parker Longs to Take the Bus
- Sheryl Sandberg’s Favorite Shampoo Commercial
- Kate Winslet Just Had a Baby Boy
- Kim Kardashian Insta-Idolizes Elizabeth Taylor
- Taylor Swift Uses Her Phone to Put on Makeup
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 15 Days to Go!
- The Hair Stories Behind American Hustle
- New York Winter Weddings Issue Is Live!
- Wish List: 3.1 Phillip Lim’s Quinn Loafer
- Daniel Radcliffe Has a Greasy New Bob
- Qantas Staff Doesn’t Want to Look Like Kerr
- Pre-Fall’s Best: Jason Wu, Rag & Bone, and More
- Sarah Jessica Parker Longs to Take the Bus
- Rodarte Sent Rihanna Boob Tassels for Christmas
- Should Women in Their Forties Model Underwear?
- 7 Things Lady Gaga’s Dreads Actually Look Like