Eye shimmer is a tough part of the makeup world to tackle. Usually when you wear it, you risk looking like an eighth-grader who got gussied up for a middle-school dance. But this season's runways proved that a grown-up girl could use some sparkle and still look divine. The peepers at Carolina Herrera were saturated in a glistening purple and bronze combination. Elie Tahari and Ports 1961 both coated lids in gold hues, while Adam and Badgley Mischka stayed with the metallic family and opted for copper tones. Sophie Theallet lined her lids with white. And pastels also showed up — in blue at Jason Wu and pink at Preen — for perfectly primped Winter Wonderland looks. Shimmer has grown up — it's for the everywoman this fall. Click ahead to see all these looks and more.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 17 Days to Go!
- Rebecca Black Finally Made It to ‘Saturday’
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 18 Days to Go!
- The Best of the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- The 11 Best Pre-Fall 2014 Looks (So Far)
- See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
- Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Decoding the Campy, Disheveled Girls Poster
- Burn After Reading: 2013 Holiday Candle Guide
- Time Editor Is a One-Woman Paycheck Fairness Act
- Facebook Could Add a ‘Sympathize’ Button
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 19 Days to Go!
- Decoding Drew’s Nails to Learn About Her Womb
- Messy-Haired Sky Ferreira: New Face of Redken