• Shop discounted designer wares at the first of ten Housing Works spring-preview sales. Find deals like a Zac Posen print dress for $250 and a Catherine Malandrino clutch for $150. Housing Works Yorkville, 1730 Second Ave., nr. 90th St. (212-722-8306); 10–6.
• Have your photographs critiqued by Elle's senior photo editor and Abrams Books's editorial director. They'll offer advice and tips to aspiring photographers. PowerHouse Arena, 37 Main St., nr. Front St., Dumbo, Brooklyn; 10:30–5:30. Sign up at powerhouseportfolioreview.com.
• Bid on Oprah's shoes, handbags, and clothes on eBay during her Great Closet Cleanout. All proceeds benefit the Leadership Academy for Girls. Through 3/11. Bidding begins at 11 a.m. EST on 3/1 at eBay.com.
• Celebrate the U.S. Olympic team’s accomplishments at Patrick Melville Salon. The salon will offer discounts based on the team’s medal counts. The percentage off hair coloring will equal the gold-medal count, haircuts will equal the silver, and blowouts will equal the bronze. Additionally, all manicures using shades of red, white, or blue polish will be $18, a 25 percent discount. 45 Rockefeller Plaza, nr. 50th St. (212-218-8650); M–S (10–7).
• Shop deep discounts at the Theory women's and men's sample sale. Outerwear is $60, dresses are $45, knits are $30, skirts and shorts are $35, and T-shirts are $15. 261 W. 36th St., nr. Seventh Ave., second fl. (212-947-8748); T–Th (11–7), F (11–6), S (11–5).
• Designer clothing, shoes, accessories, and gifts for men and women are 50 to 75 percent off at the Barneys warehouse sale. 255 W. 17th St., nr. Seventh Ave. (212-450-8400); M–F (10–9), S–Su (10–7); Su, Feb. 28 (10–7).
• Suits, jackets, and coats are up to 75 percent off at the Chocheng sale. 51 E. 63rd St., nr. Park Ave. (212-967-5044); call for hours.
• Vintage fall/winter merchandise from Bill Blass, Pierre Cardin, and more is on sale at Edith Machinist. Browse the $50, $75, and $100 racks. 104 Rivington St., nr. Ludlow St. (212-979-9992); F (1–8), S (noon–8), Su (noon–7).
• Dresses, jumpsuits, tops, and more are up to 80 percent off at Noisette's closing sale. 46 N. 6th St., nr. Wythe Ave., Williamsburg, Brooklyn (718-388-5188); S (noon–7), Su (noon–6).
• Cashmere sweaters, dresses, handbags, and more are up to 90 percent off at the Luca Luca sale. 19 W. 36th St., nr. Fifth Ave. (212-755-2444); Th–F (8:30–7), S–Su (11–5).
• Fall/winter 2009 boots, shoes, and handbags are up to 50 percent off at the Dusica Dusica sample sale. The Besta boot is $447.50 (originally $895), the Jill ankle boot is $485 (originally $695), all sample boots are $250, and all sample flats and pumps are $150. 67 Prince St., nr. Crosby St. (212-966-9099); M–S (11–7), Su (noon–7).
• All jewelry and totes by Pretty Little Thing are 30 percent off online. Online only.
• Silk dresses are $15 to $40 (originally $196) and tunics are $35 (originally $170) at the Amanda Uprichard warehouse sale. Friday: Twnz showroom, 226 W. 37th St., nr. Seventh Ave., third fl. (212-719-0320); 10–6. Saturday and Sunday: Cutie Room, 5 Rivington St., nr. Bowery (212-925-2557); noon–6.
• Overstock, discontinued items, and floor samples are up to 70 percent off at Alessi. Soho: 130 Greene St., nr. Prince St. (212-941-7300); M–S (11–7), Su (noon–6). Upper East Side: 30 E. 60th St., at Madison Ave. (212-317-9880); T–S (10–6).
• All vintage men's merchandise is 50 percent off at Laurel Canyon Vintage. The stock includes flannel and Western shirts, boots, denim jackets, and vintage T-shirts. 63 Thompson St., nr. Broome St. (212-343-1658); daily (noon–7).
Most Viewed Stories
The Big Secret of Every Dating App: Tech Doesn’t Matter
How to Get Out of Any Party Conversation
‘Weed Dick’ Is the New Way for Men to Sexually Disappoint You
Cindy Crawford on Bagels, Instagirls, and Bringing the Supermodel Era to TV
American Apparel Files for Bankruptcy
Astrology GIFs for the Week of October 5, 2015
It’s Harder to Be Thin Than It Was in the ’80s
All the Ceilings Women Keep Hitting Their Heads On
‘Truly Ugly Guy With Glasses’ Is Europe’s Most Virile Man
From Our Partners
J.Crew Is Shifting Away From a High Fashion Image, Focusing Instead on Its Heritage
Clever nightstand alternatives (for small-spaces!)
5 Best Sex Positions to Practically Guarantee an Orgasm
15 Signs You're With A Good Man
powered by PubExchange
The Cut’s Latest Shopping Features7 Alternatives to Those Sold-Out L.L. Bean Boots
Don't be one of the 100,000 losers waiting for back orders.Stock Up on These Fall Boots Under $300
Sensible lace-ups, sparkly shoes, and more.Cheap Thrill: Jacquemus’s Tailored T-Shirt
A signature piece from the "It" designer.Outfit of the Week: A Smart Way to Layer Basics
One more way to make weekdays easier.Cool Cocktail Dresses Inspired by the Philippines
From the up-and-comers behind Mestiza.Treat-Yourself Friday: A Utilitarian Leather Jacket
Perfect for the unpredictable weather.38 Pairs of Boots to Buy This Fall
Because pedicure season is finally over.41 Downright-Gorgeous New Pieces for Your Home
From kingly bedding to froggy rugs to Georg Jensen glass.5 Discerning New Yorkers on Their Favorite Finds for the Home
Project Runway’s Tim Gunn, celebrity stylist June Ambrose, and more choose the city’s finest boutiques, furniture restorers, specialty shops, designers, and cleaners.Marni’s Fabulously Shaggy Winter Coats Are Here
Fluffy and fantastic.
Welcome to layering season.Cheap Thrill: COS’s Wide-Leg Pants
A versatile transition piece.Outfit of the Week: Light Fall Layers
No jacket needed.37 Great Basics for Updating Your Wardrobe This Fall
The best work-friendly pieces, the perfect trench, and everything else you need right now.Treat Yourself Friday: A Quirky Bucket Bag
A playful take on the trend.Balenciaga’s New Shoes Are a ’90s Dream
Angela Chase would approve.Altuzarra’s First Bags Debut at Barneys New York
Introducing the Ghianda collection.115 Ways to Scream ‘Status’
The thing to have right now if you’re an Italian chef, an Upper East Side lady, a leather daddy, or a Dalton senior. (We know because we asked.)Cheap Thrill: Kenzo’s Flirty Pleated Skirt
A go-with-everything skirt on sale.Outfit of the Week: A Work-Friendly Combo
The ideal pieces to wear as we head into fall.