• Shop discounted designer wares at the first of ten Housing Works spring-preview sales. Find deals like a Zac Posen print dress for $250 and a Catherine Malandrino clutch for $150. Housing Works Yorkville, 1730 Second Ave., nr. 90th St. (212-722-8306); 10–6.
• Have your photographs critiqued by Elle's senior photo editor and Abrams Books's editorial director. They'll offer advice and tips to aspiring photographers. PowerHouse Arena, 37 Main St., nr. Front St., Dumbo, Brooklyn; 10:30–5:30. Sign up at powerhouseportfolioreview.com.
• Bid on Oprah's shoes, handbags, and clothes on eBay during her Great Closet Cleanout. All proceeds benefit the Leadership Academy for Girls. Through 3/11. Bidding begins at 11 a.m. EST on 3/1 at eBay.com.
• Celebrate the U.S. Olympic team’s accomplishments at Patrick Melville Salon. The salon will offer discounts based on the team’s medal counts. The percentage off hair coloring will equal the gold-medal count, haircuts will equal the silver, and blowouts will equal the bronze. Additionally, all manicures using shades of red, white, or blue polish will be $18, a 25 percent discount. 45 Rockefeller Plaza, nr. 50th St. (212-218-8650); M–S (10–7).
• Shop deep discounts at the Theory women's and men's sample sale. Outerwear is $60, dresses are $45, knits are $30, skirts and shorts are $35, and T-shirts are $15. 261 W. 36th St., nr. Seventh Ave., second fl. (212-947-8748); T–Th (11–7), F (11–6), S (11–5).
• Designer clothing, shoes, accessories, and gifts for men and women are 50 to 75 percent off at the Barneys warehouse sale. 255 W. 17th St., nr. Seventh Ave. (212-450-8400); M–F (10–9), S–Su (10–7); Su, Feb. 28 (10–7).
• Suits, jackets, and coats are up to 75 percent off at the Chocheng sale. 51 E. 63rd St., nr. Park Ave. (212-967-5044); call for hours.
• Vintage fall/winter merchandise from Bill Blass, Pierre Cardin, and more is on sale at Edith Machinist. Browse the $50, $75, and $100 racks. 104 Rivington St., nr. Ludlow St. (212-979-9992); F (1–8), S (noon–8), Su (noon–7).
• Dresses, jumpsuits, tops, and more are up to 80 percent off at Noisette's closing sale. 46 N. 6th St., nr. Wythe Ave., Williamsburg, Brooklyn (718-388-5188); S (noon–7), Su (noon–6).
• Cashmere sweaters, dresses, handbags, and more are up to 90 percent off at the Luca Luca sale. 19 W. 36th St., nr. Fifth Ave. (212-755-2444); Th–F (8:30–7), S–Su (11–5).
• Fall/winter 2009 boots, shoes, and handbags are up to 50 percent off at the Dusica Dusica sample sale. The Besta boot is $447.50 (originally $895), the Jill ankle boot is $485 (originally $695), all sample boots are $250, and all sample flats and pumps are $150. 67 Prince St., nr. Crosby St. (212-966-9099); M–S (11–7), Su (noon–7).
• All jewelry and totes by Pretty Little Thing are 30 percent off online. Online only.
• Silk dresses are $15 to $40 (originally $196) and tunics are $35 (originally $170) at the Amanda Uprichard warehouse sale. Friday: Twnz showroom, 226 W. 37th St., nr. Seventh Ave., third fl. (212-719-0320); 10–6. Saturday and Sunday: Cutie Room, 5 Rivington St., nr. Bowery (212-925-2557); noon–6.
• Overstock, discontinued items, and floor samples are up to 70 percent off at Alessi. Soho: 130 Greene St., nr. Prince St. (212-941-7300); M–S (11–7), Su (noon–6). Upper East Side: 30 E. 60th St., at Madison Ave. (212-317-9880); T–S (10–6).
• All vintage men's merchandise is 50 percent off at Laurel Canyon Vintage. The stock includes flannel and Western shirts, boots, denim jackets, and vintage T-shirts. 63 Thompson St., nr. Broome St. (212-343-1658); daily (noon–7).