If you, like us, were wondering what was up with André Leon Talley and Whoopi Goldberg hanging out together during Fashion Week, the New York Times has your answer: They're buddies. They met at Whoopi's birthday party, spent Christmas together, and now talk about such things as using wolf urine to get deer away from their houses. (Incidentally, did we know that ALT lived in White Plains? “I reconcile the toxicity of the fashion world with the beauty of home,” he said to the Times.) The paper of record followed the dynamic duo out for a night as they hit up R&B club Sugar Bar for open-mike night. We're helpfully informed that they like to go there regularly on Thursdays, not that you should stalk them or anything. And after, they went to Monkey Bar (are you keeping notes on the itinerary?), where ALT laments the lack of clapping at fashion shows: “We don’t clap because then you are showing vulnerability,” he said. We haven't noticed a lack of clapping, though there is always that awkward moment of when the clapping has gone on too long. But we digress — who wants to go to Sugar Bar after Paris shows end?
Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 18 Days to Go!
- The Best of the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- The 11 Best Pre-Fall 2014 Looks (So Far)
- See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
- Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Decoding the Campy, Disheveled Girls Poster
- Burn After Reading: 2013 Holiday Candle Guide
- Time Editor Is a One-Woman Paycheck Fairness Act
- Facebook Could Add a ‘Sympathize’ Button
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 19 Days to Go!
- Decoding Drew’s Nails to Learn About Her Womb
- Messy-Haired Sky Ferreira: New Face of Redken
- Karolina Kurkova, Steven Tyler, & More at Basel
- Newly Vegan Beyoncé Covers Her Body in Pizza