Over the weekend, rumors circulated that critically acclaimed 28-year-old designer Gareth Pugh was the front-runner to take over design at Alexander McQueen, following McQueen's February 11 suicide. However, yesterday Pugh's reps denied the reports. "Further to speculative reports earlier this week, Gareth Pugh is not in discussions with Gucci Group about a Creative Director role at Alexander McQueen," his spokeswoman said in a statement.
McQueen's fall 2010 collection, which he is said to have pretty much completed before his death, will be shown this week in Paris. However, instead of the scheduled runway show, the house has planned "a series of low-key, private, salon presentations," according to the Telegraph.