• Olay signed Thandie Newton as the brand ambassador for its Total Effects line of products. The campaign will launch in the U.K. to celebrate the brand's tenth anniversary there. [Beauty and the Dirt]
• Amanda Seyfried has a tattoo on her left foot that reads "minge," which means female genitals. "A lot of people think I don't know what it means," she explained. "I know what it means." [BellaSugar]
• The Bumpit failed the Jersey Shore's Snooki: "I do not use a Bumpit. When I first saw the commercial a year ago I ordered it right away. I was so excited to get it in the mail, I put it in my hair, then I started walking down the hallway and it fell out — it didn't stay in my hair!" [Daily Beauty Reporter/Allure]
• Even though Shu Uemura announced it will leave the United States market this year, their Art of Hair line of hair products will remain in American stores and salons. Only makeup products are going to move to online-only availability. [Beauty Counter/Style.com]
• Makeup artist Tegan Taylor, who was the head of makeup for Avatar, has carved out a new specialty: digital and 3-D makeup. In order to design a look, she applies hundreds of reflective dots on someone's face to capture facial data and apply makeup accordingly. [Variety]
• Yolene Samard owned a salon in Haiti before the earthquake destroyed it. Now, she's operating a salon out of her tent in Port-au-Prince. Hair treatments are expensive for many residents, but pedicures have become popular. [Daily Beauty Reporter/Allure]
• Diesel will launch a limited-edition Iron Man–inspired version of its Only the Brave fragrance next month. The bottle is red and $67.50. [Comic Impact]
Most Viewed Stories
It’s Harder to Be Thin Than It Was in the ’80s
Why Do I Jerk Awake Right As I’m Falling Asleep?
From Up Close, Raf Simons’s Vision for Dior Is Clear
Michelle Obama: No Boy Is Cute Enough to Keep You From Getting an Education
The World’s Easiest Way to Highlight Your Face
A Pregnant Supermodel Explains What She Eats
Meet the Prom Queen of Instagram
Selfie Sorority Uses Media Frenzy for Good Cause
‘Truly Ugly Guy With Glasses’ Is Europe’s Most Virile Man
Guess Who Renovated This Grand Upper West Side Penthouse
From Our Partners
The Day I Told The Ugly Truth About My Marriage
5 Must-Have Products for Your Makeup Bag
Warning: You're About to Be Totally Obsessed With This Tiny, Stylish Dog
5 Best Sex Positions to Practically Guarantee an Orgasm
powered by PubExchange
The Cut’s Latest Beauty FeaturesEven Barbie Wants Kim Kardashian’s Makeup Artist
Life in plastic, it's fantastic.This Is How You Should Smell for Fall
Hint: not like a pumpkin.A Lesson in Beauty Grammar at Dior
What "past future perfect" means in terms of hair and makeup.Why Does My Heart Feel Like It’s Exploding?
A girl's guide to chest pain.The World’s Easiest Way to Highlight Your Face
How to strobe like a pro.A Pregnant Supermodel Explains What She Eats
"Don't be afraid of the fat."It’s Harder to Be Thin Than It Was in the ’80s
Hate you, boomers.Inside a Beauty Editor’s Insane Skin-Care Routine
A minimum of 12 products.Pat McGrath Wants You Dipped in Gold
The legendary makeup artist launches an exclusive product.Let’s All Get High on Cold-Pressed Juice!
Juice Crawls just killed nightlife.
"A modern-day romantic comedy."3 Fall Polishes to Express Your Inner Angst
For the #FallGoth inside you.Margiela Did Crazy Beauty, Again
Glam rock meets geisha meets nestlike hair.Dump Someone If You Hate Their Smell
And other revelations from the Hermès perfumers.All You’re Going to Want for Christmas Is Mariah’s M.A.C Collaboration
A Dreamlover of a beauty collection.Do I Make This Quesadilla Look Fat?
A new study suggests that weight bias affects how we perceive food info online.Want Soft Hands? The Olsen Twins Can Help.
Their latest beauty launch is surprisingly effective.The Angelina Jolie of China on Fame and Power
A rare interview with activist actress Yao Chen.Mindy Kaling’s Book Is Full of Beauty Wisdom
Six of our favorite insights.How to Look Amazing in Under 10 Minutes
A makeup artist's everyday skin routine.