Without a doubt Milan is the most difficult Fashion Week to book — when you have runway staples like Freja Beha, Natasha Poly, and Anja Rubik dominating the runways, the rookies might seem a little irrelevant. Even Carmen Kass made an appearance to open and close for Dsquared2's collection. But if there's one show that always casts against the grain, it's the powers that be at Prada. Casting director Russell Marsh anointed Samantha Gradoville the chosen one to open and close the week's biggest show. Being that it was the Omaha native's first season in Milan, we've got to give credit to this classically beautiful newcomer. See who else opened and closed on Milan's runways in our slideshow.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Beyoncé Just Dropped an Album With No Warning
SNL Auditioned Black Female Cast Members
How to Wish List Like a Pro: Wanelo Wish Lists
- Beyoncé Just Dropped an Album With No Warning
- SNL Auditioned Black Female Cast Members
- Susan Sarandon Was High at Most Hollywood Events
- How to Wish List Like a Pro: Wanelo Wish Lists
- Givenchy Casts Erykah Badu in Ads, High Five!
- There’s a Six-Hour Line for the Trendiest Selfie
- The Best and Worst of December Fashion Magazines
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 13 Days to Go!
- Meet SAMMA: A Minimal, Pared-Down Jewelry Line
- Help: I’m a People-Pleaser, and I Hate It
- Lorde and Taylor Swift Are Now Bosom Buddies
- See: Flash Mob Ballet at Van Cleef & Arpels
- Adam Levine Brings You Sexiest Health-Care Alive
- How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- The Year in Street Style: Céline Wins!