Last week Carine Roitfeld said she didn't attend the Balenciaga show in Paris because the house had "blacklisted" French Vogue. They don't advertise in the magazine or lend it samples anymore. But WHY? Fashionista heard a rumor that Carine called in a Balenciaga sample, and then loaned it to MaxMara, a brand she consults for. MaxMara then made an eerily similar coat before the Balenciaga sample was returned to them, which upset Balenciaga and resulted in the ban. However, a few commenters say the ban has something to do with French Vogue firing Marie Amelie Sauvé, who is "very close" with designer Nicolas Ghèsquiere. "They hate the French Vogue team," commenter Randy writes. However, this is all highly speculative. For all we know Ghesquiere got upset because Carine tagged and refused to remove unflattering photos of him on Facebook. Some people are fussy about that stuff.
Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 4 Days to Go!
- The Best Stuff on the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Irresistible Idris Elba
- Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
- Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
- Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 5 Days to Go!
- Why Spike Jonze’s Her Has High-Waisted Pants
- Poet Starlets Fear Nothing, Not Even Lady Parts
- Now You Can Wear Kitty-Cat Flats On Your Nails
- 2013: The Year in Butts
- Well, This Proposal Video Is a Blatant Ad
- Rich Couples Choose to Use the Bathroom Together
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Susie Lau
- 10 Dazzling, Wearable Shoes for New Year’s Eve