Last week Carine Roitfeld said she didn't attend the Balenciaga show in Paris because the house had "blacklisted" French Vogue. They don't advertise in the magazine or lend it samples anymore. But WHY? Fashionista heard a rumor that Carine called in a Balenciaga sample, and then loaned it to MaxMara, a brand she consults for. MaxMara then made an eerily similar coat before the Balenciaga sample was returned to them, which upset Balenciaga and resulted in the ban. However, a few commenters say the ban has something to do with French Vogue firing Marie Amelie Sauvé, who is "very close" with designer Nicolas Ghèsquiere. "They hate the French Vogue team," commenter Randy writes. However, this is all highly speculative. For all we know Ghesquiere got upset because Carine tagged and refused to remove unflattering photos of him on Facebook. Some people are fussy about that stuff.
The College Magazine the Fashion World Respects
When Does PDA Mean a Couple Is Back Together?
Too Much or Too Little: DSM-V’s Gray Area on Sex
- Cannes Day 9: Princess Charlene and Heidi Klum
- The College Magazine the Fashion World Respects
- U.N. Pressures Prada to Stop Discrimination
- McCartney’s Asia Tour Culminates With Kate Moss
- Every Outfit Olivia Has Worn on Scandal Season 2
- When Does PDA Mean a Couple Is Back Together?
- Too Much or Too Little: DSM-V’s Gray Area on Sex
- Balenciaga’s New Bag: A Versatile Summer Option
- Issa’s Designer, Daniella Helayel, Quits Label
- Pussy Riot’s Maria Alyokhina Denied Parole
- GIF Lesson: How to Give Thin Hair Extra Volume
- The 45 Most Gorgeous, Famous Gems of All Time
- Barack Obama Prom Pictures
- Watch: Supercut of Pop Culture’s Best Promzillas
- Men No Longer Just Pieces of Meat