• Celebrate W Magazine’s first shopping issue, “Shop W Style.” The meatpacking-district event includes makeup applications by Shiseido expert Renato Almeida, private style sessions at Hugo Boss with celebrity stylist Sarah Gore Reeves, and special offers and activities at local stores, like Catherine Malandrino, Theory, and Tory Burch. Shop W Style Lounge, The Standard, 69 Little W. 12th St., at Washington St.; 10–6.
• Mothers and daughters can audition for Comptoir des Cotonniers’ fall 2010–2011 campaign, called “The Mother, The Daughter, & La Mode.” The winners will be the face of the brand for the season and will receive a trip to Paris to walk at the label's show in May. 155 Spring St., nr. Wooster St. (212-274-0830); 2–6.
• All new styles are 20 percent off at Sophia Eugene's one-day sale. Champagne will be served. Through 3/27. 37 Cornelia St., at Bleecker St. (212-488-2124); noon–7.
• Shirts are $10, ties and socks are $5, and other clothing is up to 70 percent off at the J.Press sample sale. 530 Seventh Ave., nr. 38th St. (212-997-3600); Th–S (11–6).
• Merchandise from BCBG Max Azria, AG Jeans, Tarte Cosmetics, Splendid, and more is up to 80 percent off at this warehouse sale. 123 W. 18th St., nr. Sixth Ave., fifth fl.; Th–S (noon–8).
• Handbags, accessories, and ready-to-wear items are up to 70 percent off at the Hermès spring sale. Metropolitan Pavilion, 123 W. 18th St., nr. Sixth Ave. (212-463-0200); call for hours.
• Shop deep discounts at the Built by Wendy spring sample sale. Silk-twill drawstring tank-dresses are $80 (originally $274), canvas wedge sandals are $45 (originally $154), and five-pocket straight-leg jeans are $50 (originally $145). 46 N. 6th St., nr. Wythe Ave., Williamsburg, Brooklyn (718-384-2882); F–S (10–8), Su (noon–6).
• Blazers are $650 (originally $2,500), shorts are $100 (originally $350), and shirts are $95 (originally $350) at the Antonio Azzuolo sale. 39 Norfolk St., nr. Rivington St. (917-535-9768); F–S (10–7).
• Cashmere stock and samples are up to 70 percent off at the Jennifer Tyler sample sale. The Helmsley Carlton Hotel, 680 Madison Ave., nr. 61st St. (212-838-3000); Th–S (10–7), Su (noon–7), M (10–7).
Most Viewed Stories
‘Weed Dick’ Is the New Way for Men to Sexually Disappoint You
The Big Secret of Every Dating App: Tech Doesn’t Matter
How to Get Out of Any Party Conversation
Amber Rose, Populist Slut Hero of Our Time
Portraits of Privilege: A Teen Demands Mac ’n’ Cheese
7 Alternatives to Those Sold-Out L.L. Bean Boots
Cindy Crawford on Bagels, Instagirls, and Bringing the Supermodel Era to TV
You Think You’re Too Classy to Drink Champagne From a Bong?
Adriana Lima on Boxing, Brazilian Beauty Secrets
From Our Partners
Who What Wear
The Zara Outfit Every Girl In New York City Is Wearing
7 Eyebrow Mistakes You Need to Stop Making Immediately
5 Best Sex Positions to Practically Guarantee an Orgasm
The Day I Told The Ugly Truth About My Marriage
powered by PubExchange
The Cut’s Latest Shopping Features7 Alternatives to Those Sold-Out L.L. Bean Boots
Don't be one of the 100,000 losers waiting for back orders.Stock Up on These Fall Boots Under $300
Sensible lace-ups, sparkly shoes, and more.Cheap Thrill: Jacquemus’s Tailored T-Shirt
A signature piece from the "It" designer.Outfit of the Week: A Smart Way to Layer Basics
One more way to make weekdays easier.Cool Cocktail Dresses Inspired by the Philippines
From the up-and-comers behind Mestiza.Treat-Yourself Friday: A Utilitarian Leather Jacket
Perfect for the unpredictable weather.38 Pairs of Boots to Buy This Fall
Because pedicure season is finally over.41 Downright-Gorgeous New Pieces for Your Home
From kingly bedding to froggy rugs to Georg Jensen glass.5 Discerning New Yorkers on Their Favorite Finds for the Home
Project Runway’s Tim Gunn, celebrity stylist June Ambrose, and more choose the city’s finest boutiques, furniture restorers, specialty shops, designers, and cleaners.Marni’s Fabulously Shaggy Winter Coats Are Here
Fluffy and fantastic.
Welcome to layering season.Cheap Thrill: COS’s Wide-Leg Pants
A versatile transition piece.Outfit of the Week: Light Fall Layers
No jacket needed.37 Great Basics for Updating Your Wardrobe This Fall
The best work-friendly pieces, the perfect trench, and everything else you need right now.Treat Yourself Friday: A Quirky Bucket Bag
A playful take on the trend.Balenciaga’s New Shoes Are a ’90s Dream
Angela Chase would approve.Altuzarra’s First Bags Debut at Barneys New York
Introducing the Ghianda collection.115 Ways to Scream ‘Status’
The thing to have right now if you’re an Italian chef, an Upper East Side lady, a leather daddy, or a Dalton senior. (We know because we asked.)Cheap Thrill: Kenzo’s Flirty Pleated Skirt
A go-with-everything skirt on sale.Outfit of the Week: A Work-Friendly Combo
The ideal pieces to wear as we head into fall.