Some of the coolest products launch at Bergdorf Goodman, so it was fitting for new perfume line Atelier Cologne to debut their counter in the already jam-packed beauty department last week. Sylvie Ganter (formerly of Hermès Parfums and Fresh) wanted to create a line of meticulously crafted, extremely concentrated unisex colognes that told a story. The end results are five intense scents that made us tingle. Here are five reasons we love them:
1. Orange Sanguine is an amazing blend of blood orange, jasmine, and tonka beans.
2. The scents truly last all day, but manage to not overpower.
3. Unlike some brands that spend most of their budget on a fancy bottle, most of the money went toward what matters most — the juice.
4. The cost is justified by the hefty 200 milliliter bottle.
5. Sylvie Ganter has been toying with the idea of the line for about a decade, and the incredible amount of thought and time translates to the fragrances.
$145 to $175 at Bergdorf Goodman (754 Fifth Ave., nr. 58th St.; 212-753-7300).