Denim company Democracy of Nevermind was launched in fall 2008, the joint project of six South Korea–based designers trained in Seoul, Paris, London, Milan, and Florence. The design team is composed of various fashion-world veterans, touting previous positions at Balenciaga, Corso Como in Milan, Hugo Boss, and more. The FadMashion-featured designers were first tapped by Urban Outfitters to create a capsule collection of flannel shirts two years ago (check out one of their slouchy button-downs on slide twelve), which sold out in two weeks. The early success prompted them to launch a full denim collection in spring 2009, playing with light and mottled washes and curve-hugging seams. While Lindsay Lohan has been strutting around in their skinny jeans, the line is stocked at Scoop, Alter, Court, and Oak. The fall collection was also just scooped up by Barneys. Click ahead for a look at the spring and fall collections.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Wish List: Noor Fares Diamond Earrings
Fondling Men’s Boxers Makes Women Spendy
Riots and Diets: Admitting You Diet Is Radical
- Wish List: Noor Fares Diamond Earrings
- Fondling Men’s Boxers Makes Women Spendy
- Riots and Diets: Admitting You Diet Is Radical
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 6 Days to Go!
- Scientist Invents ‘Healthy’ Chocolate
- Sexting With a Tinder Spam-Bot, Things Get Weird
- Barneys Is Going to Reopen a Chelsea Location
- Justin Bieber Was Going for a Frank Sinatra Look
- Fabulously Festive: Jonathan Adler Handbags
- Meet Wayne Goss, YouTube's Male Makeup Star
- Heidi Klum Has Five Christmas Trees Too Many
- My Real-Life Her: Who Needs a Body to Have Sex?
- Versace Is Probably Going to Get Even Sexier
- Hot Men in Warm Sweaters
- Audrey Gelman and Terry Richardson Split