Hipster outfitter Freemans Sporting Club is jumping aboard the urban-woodsman trend with a new menswear boutique and haberdashery opening in the West Village today (327 Bleecker Street, at Christopher Street; 212-255-5509). In addition to Freemans staples — button-downs, ties, shackets — the new outpost will include an in-house tailor for the brand's slim-fitting wool suits and a slew of rugged outdoorsy gear (read: manly apartment accents), like whittling knives, handmade compasses, solar radios, and fishing magazines. Look out for an upcoming coffee bar, making use of the counter left behind by the spot's former tenant, a bodega. [Thrillist]
Kate Middleton Debuts Sad, Droopy Ponytail
Meet Rouge New York, the Blowout Bar of Makeup
Wish List: Nicholas Kirkwood’s Bondage Heels
- Glenn O’Brien Is Now a Priest Named Father G.
- Kate Middleton Debuts Sad, Droopy Ponytail
- John Boehner Teaching GOP How to Talk to Chicks
- Meet Rouge New York, the Blowout Bar of Makeup
- Cities Ranked by Fake Instagram Happiness
- See Sexy Seventies Glamour From American Hustle
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 20 Days to Go!
- An Homage to the Lovely, Feisty Barbara Stanwyck
- Wish List: Nicholas Kirkwood’s Bondage Heels
- Kids Struggle With Platonic Friendship, Too
- Victorian Moms Creepin’ in Photo Portraits
- 16 Pretty Finds in Pantone's Radiant Orchid
- Happy Birthday, Joan Didion!
- Will Nixing ‘Fashion Bloggers’ Fix Fashion Week?
- Date Miley Cyrus by Dressing Exactly Like Her