Michelle Obama appears on next month's Good Housekeeping cover looking not quite herself. Absent are any fine lines everyone knows she has. Her dimples have also been dimmed, while her hair looks almost plastic (as you can see, they had to cut out her head to fit it over the Good Housekeeping logo, and didn't soften the edges). The lighting is also off on her face, our resident retouching expert notes, suggesting the magazine may have put Michelle's head from one shot on her body from another shot. Good Housekeeping could be forgiven for not keeping up with fashion trends (retouching is out! Haven't they heard?), but this is Michelle Obama! Our First Lady! People know her skin isn't the same texture as a Barbie doll's, and they probably don't want it to be. We have celebrities for that.
Kate Middleton Dares to Wear a Dress Three Times
The Best of Pre-Fall 2014, Continued
The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Joe Zee
- Adam Levine Brings You Sexiest Health-Care Alive
- How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- The Year in Street Style: Céline Wins!
- Kate Middleton Dares to Wear a Dress Three Times
- Tell Me Everything You Know About Wool
- FDA Rejects Female Viagra
- Oprah Says Her Kids Would Probably Hate Her
- The Best of Pre-Fall 2014, Continued
- Best Bet: Rebecca Minkoff Coin Pouch
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Joe Zee
- Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- Rooney Mara, the Goth Ice Queen
- Male Gaze: Feast Your Eyes on Frank Sinatra
- Office Stress Is Contagious
- Kim Kardashian’s ‘Jubilant,’ Post-Baby Reveal