To Irene Grishin-Selzer, the Australian sculptor and designer behind ceramic jewelry line Iggy & Lou Lou, a necklace ought to be more than just an accessory. Her pieces are meant to be worn as amulets and talismans, she says — "like personal treasures and little art objects that express your identity." It's an appropriate philosophy, considering the meticulous nature of her design process. Each limited-edition pendant and charm is hand-printed by Irene and her partner, Peter Selzer, then kiln-fired up to four times to achieve a vintage-looking patina. The pair creates just one collection a year; the most recent, Love Bandits, is darkly romantic, featuring tiny cameras, pistols, intricate masks, and gemstone-studded skulls. This season she collaborated with Karen Walker for her spring 2010 show, creating a series of pendants inked with Walker's "runaway girl" icon. Iggy & Lou Lou is stocked at Honey in the Rough, New York Adorned, and online. Click ahead to see more.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
In the Future, We Will All Dress Like Hipsters
10 Self-Centered Non-Gifts We Want for Christmas
Best of the Week’s Style Blogs: Winter Sneakers
- In the Future, We Will All Dress Like Hipsters
- Uptalk Is for Everyone, at Least in California
- 10 Self-Centered Non-Gifts We Want for Christmas
- Viagra Might Be the New Midol
- 30 Fancy Box Clutches for Holiday Parties
- Best of the Week’s Style Blogs: Winter Sneakers
- Marion Cotillard’s Non-Dior Moment
- Best Bet: Guerlain Crazy Paris Meteorite Pearls
- Glenn O’Brien Is Now a Priest Named Father G.
- Kate Middleton Debuts Sad, Droopy Ponytail
- John Boehner Teaching GOP How to Talk to Chicks
- Meet Rouge New York, the Blowout Bar of Makeup
- Cities Ranked by Fake Instagram Happiness
- See Sexy Seventies Glamour From American Hustle
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 20 Days to Go!