Karl Lagerfeld will be in New York City on September 10, the same day as Fashion's Night Out, to receive an award. The Couture Council of the Museum at the Fashion Institute of Technology will honor the designer with the Fashion Visionary Award at a benefit luncheon. Valerie Steele, director of the Museum at F.I.T., said the panel of judges chose him because “he is not just incredibly respected within the fashion world, but also known to everybody and instantly recognizable.” The award ceremony is during the day, which means his evening plans have yet to be determined. Hopefully, Anna Wintour can lure him to go out and promote New York Fashion Week. If not to the public fashion show, or Macy's in Queens, than at least to one of the two Chanel stores or the Fendi shop in town.
Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Rebecca Black Finally Made It To 'Saturday'
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 18 Days to Go!
- The Best of the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- The 11 Best Pre-Fall 2014 Looks (So Far)
- See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
- Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Decoding the Campy, Disheveled Girls Poster
- Burn After Reading: 2013 Holiday Candle Guide
- Time Editor Is a One-Woman Paycheck Fairness Act
- Facebook Could Add a ‘Sympathize’ Button
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 19 Days to Go!
- Decoding Drew’s Nails to Learn About Her Womb
- Messy-Haired Sky Ferreira: New Face of Redken
- Karolina Kurkova, Steven Tyler, & More at Basel