The opening date for the Limelight Marketplace has been delayed for the fourth time. The mini-mall set to house over 60 vendors selling everything from jewelry to sneakers to candy to gourmet meats in the abandoned-church-turned-abandoned-nightclub, is now slated for mid-May. Developer Jack Menashe originally hoped to open in the fall, but the date was then moved to March, then pushed to April, then shifted to earlier in April, and now May. When we visited the space last week, it was very much a construction zone. The dramatic cathedral ceiling and stained-glass windows were coated in dust. The wallpaper was up for Brocade Home (a design outfit we’re very excited about) and It’s Sugar had begun to frame their space with candy. But the nooks for Hunter Boots, LeSportsac, Lulu Denim, the J. Sisters salon, and the sizable gourmet marketplace on the ground floor, had a long way to go. The date stands at May 7. Stay tuned.
Defense Bill Deal Delays Sexual Assault Vote
Outfit of the Week: Warm, Wintry Colors
Eyelid Art Is the New Nail Art
- Defense Bill Deal Delays Sexual Assault Vote
- Outfit of the Week: Warm, Wintry Colors
- Eyelid Art Is the New Nail Art
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 16 Days to Go!
- Michelle Obama Got a Farrah Fawcett Hairdo
- Why We Can't Let Men Off the Hook on Housework
- Lab Rat: Are Honey Masks Terrible and Sticky?
- Nicki Minaj Got a Boob Cake for Her Birthday
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Simon Doonan
- Obstinate Seal Traps Newlyweds on Remote Island
- Amy Adams Didn’t Do Boob Tape in American Hustle
- Joanna Coles Lets Her 36-Year-Old Assistant Blog
- Beyoncé Wears Cow Print, Displays Sense of Humor
- Best Bet: Property Metallic Sack
- Selfie Yearbook 2013: Celebrity Superlatives