• Four female astronauts traveled into space today with the space shuttle Discovery. Japanese astronaut Naoko Yamazaki mentioned that the women all bring makeup on their voyages, because they want to look good when they communicate on television. Eye shadow is allowed, while loose powder is not. [BellaSugar]
• The British journal Economics Letters reported that blondes are paid 7 percent more on average than brunettes. They also said that when certain factors were removed, like height, weight, and education, blondes statistically still received higher pay than brunettes. [Telegraph UK]
• Louis Licari, a beauty contributor to the Today show, says that the hair-coloring products used in salons and those you get from a box in the drugstore are basically the same thing. [HuffPo]
• Peter Philips on creating the sell-out jade nail polish for Chanel: “First of all, I did not invent green; green’s been around for a long time ... I always thought it was a cute shade, but the catwalk show was the moment when I realized it was really hot. All the models were saying, ‘Oh my God, I’ve got to show it off afterwards,’ and they wanted to keep it on. So then I knew we had something.” [Times UK]
• The new Orly Sweet collection features six great pastel shades that look like little Easter eggs. One tester said the color didn't chip for three days. [Kiss and Makeup]
•The Ritz-Carlton Spa introduced a new 90-minute Rare Facial, which uses La Prairie products. The treatment includes simultaneous rubdowns by a masseuse and aesthetician. [Daily Front Row]
• Swiss apples might become the next big beauty ingredient. A new beauty line named Eclos contains the ingredient and will debut in drugstores later this year, and the skin-care products promise to reduce wrinkles and promote cell growth to fight aging. [Drugstore News]
Most Viewed Stories
Trump Campaign Manager Accidentally Refers to His ‘Abuse’ of Women on Live TV
It’s Finally Possible to Understand What Happened to Amanda Knox
The Very Uncomfortable Experience of Rewatching Election in 2016
Finally Someone Called Donald Trump a Giant Baby and It Was Michelle Obama
Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Reportedly Broke Up
Ask a Boss: My Co-worker Wants Everyone to Call Her Boyfriend Her ‘Master’!
Ask Polly: Should I Try to Help My Alcoholic Friend?
Looks Like Kate Middleton Is Enjoying the View in Canada
22 Intimate Lost Photos of Marilyn Monroe
Outrageous Party Photos From Andy Warhol’s Factory Days
From Our Partners
powered by PubExchange
The Cut’s Latest Beauty FeaturesKim Kardashian Assaulted by the Same Guy Who Grabbed Gigi Hadid [Updated]
She’s reached out to French officials after he ran up and kissed her ass.Your Zits Are Actually Keeping You Young
New research suggest they are nature’s anti-ager.Rihanna’s Paris Fashion Week Show Involved a Lot More Purple Satin Than Anyone Was Expecting
Pastels were a major theme.Looks Like Kate Middleton Is Enjoying the View in Canada
It’s a beautiful country!College Student Printed Out Her Roommate’s Subtweets and Posted Them in the Dorm in Today’s Best College Drama
She printed out every subtweet and posted them on a bulletin board.The Y Is Back in YSL, But Not Much Else Is Yet
Anthony Vaccarello’s debut collection falls back on label classics. Plus: Young Parisian designers experiment.Prince Married to Commoner Still Too Good to Tweet
Their 'first tweet' was not impressive.Finally Someone Called Donald Trump a Giant Baby and It Was Michelle Obama
It was inevitable.What’s Going to Happen to Angelina’s Jewelry From Brad?
She has quite a few personal pieces from Brad Pitt that might wind up on the auction block.Models at Margiela Looked Like Rainbow Brite Alien Angels
Cosplay for characters that haven’t been invented yet.
The $1.1 billion measure is expected to pass the House later today.Democratic Women Senators Are Very Concerned About Donald Trump’s Weight
“Campaign stress?”Emma Watson and Justin Trudeau Hold International Wokeness Summit
Rude of them to not invite the American delegate, Matt McGorry.Whoopi Goldberg on Vetements and Burning Bridges
The comedian is trading The View for a higher profile in the fashion world.This Gentle Mask Kills Zits Overnight
And it doesn’t stink.What Really Happens Backstage at the Shows
Runway beauty used to be pretty low-key. Now it’s one of the main events.Gary Johnson Calls in Supernatural Powers for Election Help
Melissa Joan Hart is the new Connecticut chair for the Gary Johnson campaign.The FDA Is Finally Going to Update the Term ‘Healthy’
Currently, foods that are low in fat but high in sugar can use it, which, no.Trump Campaign Manager Accidentally Refers to His ‘Abuse’ of Women on Live TV
Kellyanne Conway made a Freudian slip.Meet the Designer Who Launched a Hit Label From His Apartment
Talking to Atlein designer Antonin Tron about his unconventional debut.