• Four female astronauts traveled into space today with the space shuttle Discovery. Japanese astronaut Naoko Yamazaki mentioned that the women all bring makeup on their voyages, because they want to look good when they communicate on television. Eye shadow is allowed, while loose powder is not. [BellaSugar]
• The British journal Economics Letters reported that blondes are paid 7 percent more on average than brunettes. They also said that when certain factors were removed, like height, weight, and education, blondes statistically still received higher pay than brunettes. [Telegraph UK]
• Louis Licari, a beauty contributor to the Today show, says that the hair-coloring products used in salons and those you get from a box in the drugstore are basically the same thing. [HuffPo]
• Peter Philips on creating the sell-out jade nail polish for Chanel: “First of all, I did not invent green; green’s been around for a long time ... I always thought it was a cute shade, but the catwalk show was the moment when I realized it was really hot. All the models were saying, ‘Oh my God, I’ve got to show it off afterwards,’ and they wanted to keep it on. So then I knew we had something.” [Times UK]
• The new Orly Sweet collection features six great pastel shades that look like little Easter eggs. One tester said the color didn't chip for three days. [Kiss and Makeup]
•The Ritz-Carlton Spa introduced a new 90-minute Rare Facial, which uses La Prairie products. The treatment includes simultaneous rubdowns by a masseuse and aesthetician. [Daily Front Row]
• Swiss apples might become the next big beauty ingredient. A new beauty line named Eclos contains the ingredient and will debut in drugstores later this year, and the skin-care products promise to reduce wrinkles and promote cell growth to fight aging. [Drugstore News]
Most Viewed Stories
The Girls Pregnancy Plotline Says More About Us Than It Does About Hannah Horvath
Let’s Not Call Obama Stylish Just Yet
Former Thinx Employee Accuses Miki Agrawal of Sexual Harassment
The President of the United States Had a Big Day of Playing With Trucks
GOP Senator Apologizes After Mocking Breast-Cancer Screening Coverage
Report: Donald and Melania Trump Don’t Sleep in the Same Bed
52 Percent of Men Say They Haven’t Personally Benefited From Women Having Access to Birth Control
Cate Blanchett on the Judgment of Women, Face Mists, and How She’s Moisturized for Over a Decade
Kate Middleton Opens Up About Her Struggles With Motherhood
Why Millennial Pink Refuses to Go Away
The Cut’s Latest Beauty FeaturesWho Will Stop the Sparkly Tyranny of Unicorn Makeup?
The abomination of magical makeup is finally addressed.Looking for Love in Seven Different Cities
Jada Yuan tells Sex Lives about her Tinder tour of America.Nike’s Air Max Day Is a Great Excuse to Buy Cool, Rare Sneakers
It’s on March 26.See Clever Fashion Puns by an Instagram Artist
Angelica Hicks pokes fun at Karl Lagerfeld, Versace in her new book Tongue in Chic.RIP, Gchat
Google is officially forcing all users to switch to Hangouts. Rest easy, Gchat.What Is John Mayer Even Talking About?
He wants you to know he’s all good “anatomically and chemically.”Is Vitamin E Actually Good for My Skin?
Experts explain how vitamin E works.Five Skin-Care and Makeup Products I Used Till the Very Last Drop
Auf wiedersehen, my favorite bronzer.See 10 Years of Drake’s Coziest Looks From Timbs to Tom Ford
From ill-fitting jeans to polished suits.Laura Dern’s Mom Is Mad That She Was Mean to Reese Witherspoon on TV
Our new favorite celebrity-BFF duo.
“I stand here now amongst many of my romantic leading lady peers who are out and fluid. I’m one of many now, and I’m working.”The Ultimate Goop Guide to Lovemaking
Step two: Drink nothing but raw milk for a week.Lifehacks for the Dirtbag
Even lifehacks can be too much effort for some people.12 Inspiring Photos of Politicians Making Choices for You
Just your average year on Capitol Hill.Janelle Monáe and Diane Von Furstenberg Partied This Week
Plus: Jessica Joffe, Adam Selman, Rachel Roy.Let’s Not Call Obama Stylish Just Yet
It’s not exactly true that he ditched office and discovered fashion.How to Be a Person Again After Winter
A guide to rejoining society after our winter hibernation.The Girls Pregnancy Plotline Says More About Us Than It Does About Hannah Horvath
Dunham is thrusting us into the quagmire of judgment all women face when it comes to making decisions about their bodies.Watch Kendall Jenner Describe Her Terrifying Encounter With Her Stalker
“He’s at my window, banging at my window screaming at me.”The Artist Who’s an ‘Open Book’ on Social Media
Alexandra Marzella has strong feelings about both pants and politics.