• L’Oréal USA bought Essie Cosmetics, the nail-polish brand based in Astoria founded by Essie Weingarten. A purchase price was not disclosed, but Weingarten said that Essie generates $150 million in annual sales. [WWD]
• Heidi Klum cut her hair because she got bored. "I grow it, I cut it. I grow it, I cut it. Some people never change their hair and it works for them," she said on The Tonight Show With Jay Leno last night. "For me, I need to change it." [Modelinia]
• L’Oréal Professionnel's new ecofriendly hair-care line, Série Nature, doesn't have sulfates, which means it lacks the lather effect other shampoos have. They also aren't strongly scented. [T Magazine/NYT]
• Though Amanda Seyfried wore her dress backward for unclear reasons at the premiere of Mother and Child last night, she did nail her hairstyle — a relaxed, lovely French braid. Everyone is into braids right now. [Girls in the Beauty Department/Glamour]
• Lining the inner rim of the eye is a bacteria-prone habit, but if you must, only apply one layer of eyeliner, sharpen your eyeliner every time, and clean your sharpener weekly, if not more. [Beauty Fool]
• Urban Decay will release a new limited-edition fragrance named Revolver this month. It contains notes of lychee, pineapple leaf, fig, and amber. [Now Smell This]
Most Viewed Stories
This Conspiracy Theory Will Change How You Feel About the Bachelor Villain
The Ultimate Guide to Preparing for the Women’s March
The Sheer Perfection of Donald Trump’s Golden Shower
15 Protest Sign Ideas for the Women’s March on Washington
Connecticut Politician Arrested for Pinching Woman’s Genitals
Pakistani Pop Star Stops Concert When He Spots Sexual Harassment
The Obamas Visited Malia and Sasha’s Old Swing Set at Its New Home at a D.C. Shelter
How to Live in a 150-Square-Foot Studio
Ask a Boss: How Do I Quit the Job I’ve Had Forever?
From Our Partners
Who What Wear
powered by PubExchange
The Cut’s Latest Beauty FeaturesBella Hadid Is Reportedly ‘Hurt’ By The Weeknd Dating Selena Gomez
But there was never a betrayal.Karl Lagerfeld Is Rumored to Be Among the Designers Dressing Melania Trump for the Inauguration
If so, he would join Ralph Lauren as the most high-profile designers dressing the incoming first lady.Rachel Comey on How She’s Mobilizing the Fashion Industry for the Women’s March
She put out a call to her fellow designers.Turmeric Might Not Have Magical Therapeutic Powers After All
A new study shines a skeptical light on turmeric.Republican Men Think Women Have It Better
A new survey found that 51 percent of Republican men think it’s a good time to be a woman in America.Obama Commutes Chelsea Manning’s Sentence
She will be out of prison on May 17.Why Some Parents Are Slaughtering Sophie the Giraffe
Cause of death: a viral article inciting mold fears.Why Not Sail to Italy With These Italian Men?
This daydream of a video comes courtesy of Caruso.Please Ignore This Enraging Person at the Women’s March
This week’s “Bermuda Square” comic strip.Activists Are Planning a Queer Dance Party Outside Mike Pence’s Home
The dance is in protest of Pence’s stance on LGBTQ issues.
The brand has partnered with UNICEF to help the cause.You’re Not Crazy, Trump Really Is Giving You More Migraines
The election has been a headache for migraine sufferers.Female Zebra Shark Gives Up on Shark Men and Mates With Herself
After being separated from her mate for three years, Leonie the shark reproduced asexually.Hillary Clinton Supporter Ralph Lauren Will Dress Melania Trump for Inauguration
The designer will reach across the aisle — or design room.Your Guide to NYC Inauguration Weekend Protests
Not making it to D.C.? Here are some local options.See All the Best Street Style From Milan Men’s Fashion Week
Wide-leg pants, puffer coats, lots of red.Fake News, Fake Science and Why Doctors Lie About Abortion
The consequences of bad information about women’s health.Alicia Keys Really Believes That Inner Beauty Is the Best Highlighter
Her glow doesn’t come in a compact.This Conspiracy Theory Will Change How You Feel About the Bachelor Villain
Corinne is not who she seems.Ask a Boss: How Do I Quit the Job I’ve Had Forever?
With two weeks’ notice.