Today, the New York Times put its chips down on overalls. It's true that designer variations of OshKosh B'Gosh for grownups are becoming hard to ignore. We spotted Jesse James in a pair several weeks ago, Katie Holmes went shopping in some recently, and Magdalena Frackowiak rocked Ralph Lauren's version on the cover of Russian Vogue in February. Jean Paul Gaultier also showed some made of crocodile skin during Couture Week, while Diesel Black Gold featured them on the fall runway. Okay, but what does it all mean? The Times falls back on that old standby of trend-parsers everywhere, the economy: "Perhaps recession solidarity is behind overalls percolating on the street and trickling down from the runway." [NYT]
Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Rebecca Black Finally Made It To 'Saturday'
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 18 Days to Go!
- The Best of the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- The 11 Best Pre-Fall 2014 Looks (So Far)
- See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
- Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Decoding the Campy, Disheveled Girls Poster
- Burn After Reading: 2013 Holiday Candle Guide
- Time Editor Is a One-Woman Paycheck Fairness Act
- Facebook Could Add a ‘Sympathize’ Button
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 19 Days to Go!
- Decoding Drew’s Nails to Learn About Her Womb
- Messy-Haired Sky Ferreira: New Face of Redken
- Karolina Kurkova, Steven Tyler, & More at Basel