• Fast Retailing, which owns Uniqlo, announce its first-half profits for the six months ending February 28 rose 55.7 percent. [WSJ]
• LVMH hotels are on the horizon. Two new ones named Cheval Blanc, after the LVMH vineyard, are slated to open in 2010 in Oman and Egypt. [Vogue UK]
• The ten designers selected to be a part of Mayor Bloomberg's Fashion Incubator have moved into their offices at 209 West 38th Street. The Times says the offices look like a mall. [NYT]
• On April 12, Daniel Magnussen will launch Intermission magazine, which will be sold at Opening Ceremony, with Julia Restoin Roitfeld on the cover. [Imagist]
• Denim company April77 has shuttered. The label's clothes were sold in Barneys New York and Oak. [WWD]
• WWD will relaunch Menswear magazine in June, a seasonal menswear digest. [WWD]
• Starting this fall, Barneys New York will stock Diesel Black Gold, which is designed by Sophia Kokosalaki. The move follows Diesel's announcement that it would separate from Diesel Black Gold. [WWD]
• Tube Flops are flip flops with built-in leg-warmers. [Racked NY]
Most Viewed Stories
‘Weed Dick’ Is the New Way for Men to Sexually Disappoint You
Portraits of Privilege: A Teen Demands Mac ’n’ Cheese
How to Get Out of Any Party Conversation
The Big Secret of Every Dating App: Tech Doesn’t Matter
Amber Rose, Populist Slut Hero of Our Time
7 Alternatives to Those Sold-Out L.L. Bean Boots
Staving Off Cynicism at Comme des Garçons, McQueen, and Céline
Adriana Lima on Boxing, Brazilian Beauty Secrets
Why Do I Jerk Awake Right As I’m Falling Asleep?
From Our Partners
The Art of Loving and Losing Female Friends
7 Asian Beauty Trends You Need To Try Now
The Day I Told The Ugly Truth About My Marriage
Here's What To Buy From J.Crew's HUGE 75-Percent-Off Sale!
powered by PubExchange
Latest News from The CutInstagram Would Totally Free the Nipple If They Could
Blame Apple!Libertine’s Designer Once Faked a Note From Cher
And other anecdotes from his new book.Maybe Refrain from Tweeting 'Kill All White Men'
We know it's hard.See All the Street Style From Paris Fashion Week
Rihanna, Salma Hayek, and Phoebe Philo were among the peacocks.Karl Lagerfeld Won’t Offer Himself Up to Science
He says researchers have approached him about testing his DNA.Charging My Phone in the World’s Most Beautiful Abercrombie
French Abercrombie really is different.The Unexpected Personal Connection Behind the DOMA Decision
In an excerpt from her new memoir, lawyer Roberta Kaplan describes how she first crossed paths with Edie Windsor and Thea Spyer.Lame U.S. Constitution Doesn’t Even Protect Sex Parties
What's the First Amendment even for, anyway?Even in Death, Grandma Will Not Stop Burning Alex Rodriguez
Never stop sassing.Staving Off Cynicism at Comme des Garçons, McQueen, and Céline
A counterpoint to luxury-mongering.
She's a rock star, not a spokesperson.9 Books We’re Reading Right Now
From brand-new thrillers to classic nonfiction.Cate Blanchett Wore a Hot-Pink Suit
Barbie, is that you?Why Is My Poop Green, Goth Whopper?
Black food has an unexpectedly bright side.The 50 Most Memorable Bangs Ever
From Audrey Tautou to Zooey Deschanel.All About Chanel’s Airport-Themed Show
Paging Mr. Lagerfeld!John Galliano Doesn’t Do Instagram Eyebrows
Put down the brow pencil.Rihanna Will Never Settle
When it comes to men, she says, "I will wait forever if I have to ... but that’s O.K."Chanel Brings Back the Pigtail
You're going to want two of everything.Adriana Lima on Boxing, Brazilian Beauty Secrets
"It's in the water, I think."