Cintra Wilson did not pen today's "Critical Shopper" column in the Times. According to Racked, she won't be writing any more of those, either. Sources tell the blog that section "is now reserved for Times staffers only — no freelancers allowed." Wilson, a freelancer, gave the paper a bit of a headache with her JCPenney review, in which she called the store's mannequins "obese" and lamented not being able to find a size 2 on the racks for herself. But she weathered the backlash and went on to bring us thoughtful commentary on the scary jackets at Lilly Pulitzer and saving money at Isabel Marant by shopping for the same sorts of things at the Army/Navy surplus store instead. She was so honest and made shopping so deep and delightfully complicated! We'll miss her.
Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- The 11 Best Pre-Fall 2014 Looks (So Far)
- See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
- Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Decoding the Campy, Disheveled Girls Poster
- Burn After Reading: 2013 Holiday Candle Guide
- Time Editor Is a One-Woman Paycheck Fairness Act
- Facebook Could Add a ‘Sympathize’ Button
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 19 Days to Go!
- Decoding Drew’s Nails to Learn About Her Womb
- Messy-Haired Sky Ferreira: New Face of Redken
- Karolina Kurkova, Steven Tyler, & More at Basel
- Newly Vegan Beyoncé Covers Her Body in Pizza
- Matthew Williamson and Gwyneth Are Secret BFFs
- Why Should Fluid Sexuality Be Women-Only?